Gold Tone Little Gem - Pictures

Jerryc41

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my new Gold Tone Little Gem - in Sapphire. At over 2.5 lbs, it's more comfortable with a strap. It's loud - no doubt about it.

I had one of those straps with a clip that goes into the sound hole, so I cut off that clip and attached it to the string that came with a strap. It snaps easily onto a bracket. Then I installed a button in the neck.

02.jpg
03.jpg 04.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg

Thanks for sharing this! I've been waiting for someone on UU to get one of these.

I see that MIM is selling them now on her Reverb store for $149.

How is the build quality?

How is the setup?

How is the sound compared to your other ukes?

Does it sound more banjo-like or is there more 'plastic' to the tone?

How does it compare weight-wise to some of your other ukes?

Thanks for sharing this! I've been waiting for someone on UU to get one of these.

I see that MIM is selling them now on her Reverb store for $149.

How is the build quality?

How is the setup?

How is the sound compared to your other ukes?

Does it sound more banjo-like or is there more 'plastic' to the tone?

How does it compare weight-wise to some of your other ukes?

I bought mine from Mim, so the setup was fine.
At over 2.5 lb, it is heavier that the Duke 10 or the Firefly, but it's lighter that the 5.5 lb Gold Tone DLX

The sound is definitely banjo.

As for build quality, I saw nothing to complain about - nice fret ends, nice maple neck, good assembly. One thing I really like is the plastic template for setting the bridge. It's a strip of plastic about the size of the neck. Put it up against the nut, and the other end is where the bridge should go. That's such a simple idea I haven't seen on any other banjo uke. Also, it came in a decent gig bag with several tools for making adjustments or removing the resonator. I don't plan to remove that, though, as it offers some protection from the back of the uke.

I'll have to get back to you about a sound comparison with the other banjo ukes.

It took a few days for the strings to stretch, but now I can pick it up, and it's almost perfect.

Last edited:
Waiting for the face off between this and a Beansprout before I place my order. :p

Also, it came in a decent gig bag with several tools for making adjustments or removing the resonator. I don't plan to remove that, though, as it offers some protection from the back of the uke.

That's not the dangerous part ... ;)

Congratulations!

Top Bottom