Ukulele building workshops

mineymole

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Ukulele building workshops - recommendations?

Treat yourself to a trip to Hawaii. :). Google Hana Lima 'Ia and Mike Chock.

Ukulele building workshops - recommendations?

Robbie O’Brien. He has a companion online course that uses the same process so you have it to review whenever you want. Build it from scratch (not a kit) in 6 days including applying French polished shellac finish.

My workshops will soon be on-line. I think I may be one fo the few 'ukulele-only-builders' outside of North America and the Pacific Islands offering workshops. They are very structured tho and don't offer the broad range that others offer. So not for everyone and certainly NOT an introduction into 'luthiery'! Here is one student report...

Last edited:
My workshops will soon be on-line. I think I may be one fo the few 'ukulele-only-builders' outside of North America and the Pacific Islands offering workshops. They are very structured tho and don't offer the broad range that others offer. So not for everyone and certainly NOT an introduction into 'luthiery'! Here is one student report...

Thank you so much for sharing this! I have considered an online course but believe that hands on instruction is invaluable. Is there a mailing list I should get on when your courses are available? Also at some point a trip across the Atlantic might be just grand.

I purchased the course available from Robbie O’Brien with Heidi Litke teaching online.

One thing the course does not cover is the creation of the various jigs needed. Any ideas where I can find these?

Thank you.

Plenty of YouTube videos on various jigs and a good book to get is:
Acoustic Guitar Making: How to Make Tools, Templates and Jigs written by Bryan Forbes

Top Bottom