Lifestyle.

Rllink

Reaction score
I like to tell people that ukuleles are not my lifestyle, ukuleles accompany my lifestyle. I like to volunteer for underprivileged kid's programs. I would volunteer regardless, but with the ukulele I can volunteer to play songs for them. I like to sing. The ukulele is perfect accompaniment for that. Much easier to carry than a piano, and much easier to sing along with than a trumpet. In the afternoons I like to relax on the porch, the ukulele is a fine companion. I get tired of TV in the evenings and I sometimes I need a break from Netflix. The ukulele is a nice change, and if I'm starting to snooze watching the big screen on the recliner, it wakes me up. I like to ride my bike on the trails. When I take a break the ukulele makes me to slow down a bit and take my time. I like to go to the beach, but sometimes just sitting in the sand gets boring. Strumming my ukulele on the beach makes it more enjoyable. I write books, and sometimes I just need to get my mind off of my writing for a little while and refresh. The ukulele is a great distraction. The ukulele does a good job of supporting my lifestyle. That is why I like it so much.

I guess music is my lifestyle. I've played to earn a living for most of my life, yet what is it that I do to relax? Just play more music, but on different instruments! LOL My past is littered with the remains of many crafting hobbies begun in earnest and left to die by the wayside, and TV viewing got left behind altogether with the 20th century, yet the urge to play music keeps on, and probably will until I die.

bratsche

Being able to do what you want is a life style, not many people are afforded that luxury though.

In my retirement, I've found out that I like (trying) to play various instruments, so that is what I am doing.

The uke was the first instrument that I could play more than one or two tunes on, because I learnt where the notes were on the fretboard.

Now I can play harmonicas too, & (tin) whistle. My next project is a keyless Celtic Flute.

Music is a wonderful medium, whether you play well, or not so well, (as in my case), but I get enjoyment from doing it - & if anyone wants to listen, that's a bonus. :)

Top Bottom