Roadie 2 Tuner

S11LKO

Reaction score
Has anyone got or ever used one of these?
Tunes all stringed instruments apparently, including ukes.
All types, all tunings, you can even store your own unique tunings.
It many ways it appeals to me. Your thoughts please?

I haven't used it, but I've seen it before. My problem with it is that to really get a string in tune and have it hold tuning well you need to come from below the pitch then up to it. Unless that is programmed to go down in pitch before bringing the string back up, the tuning isn't going to hold well if it is trying to tune a string that was sharp and needed to go down in pitch.

Unless that is programmed to go down in pitch before bringing the string back up, the tuning isn't going to hold well if it is trying to tune a string that was sharp and needed to go down in pitch.

Indeed that's a fact I hadn't thought of. I'll make some enquiries...thanks my friend.

The Roadie 2 now has a feature that allows you to “tune up to pitch.” I haven’t used it...I’m usually trying to tune 60 ukuleles at a time in a hurry.

I just did a video review of the similar Smart Tuner by Jowoom, comparing it to the Roadie 2.

https://ukestuff.wordpress.com/2018/08/20/jowoom-smart-tuner-t2/

I use a Roadie 2 for classroom Ukes as well. It has a tune up to pitch option that works well.

Thanks for all your inputs everyone.
I quite fancy one but at the price they're asking I'm a little concerned about the constantly 'faulty single button' choirguy mentions.
Anyone else notice this 'fault'?

There’s a Ernie Ball electric peg winder on Amazon for $17 and I have a snark tuner with a snapped arm.

I wonder if I could hot glue the snark tuner to the top front of the electric peg winder?

Automatic frankentuner. :)

Top Bottom