New Solid Koa with case $199.00?

Ahnko Honu

Reaction score
Anyone here ever hear of L.D. Zerone 'ukuleles? This seller claims ALL SOLID KOA Top, Back and Sides, and includes a * FREE Tweed Hardshell Case. Sounds too good to be true. Never heard of this make of 'ukulele.
http://cgi.ebay.com/L-D-Zerone-ALL-...|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|293:1|294:200
101_9024.jpg

Pattern looks like standard Chinese bulk manufacture - esp that familiar headstock seen on Mainland, Ohana, Bushman, Stagg, Leader, Westfield etc etc etc...

Not heard of the brand. If it is one of those from the source-of-all-cheap-ukes, then quality control is often the difference between great value uke and unplayable wall-hanger.

Doesn't look like the snuggest of fits in that rectangular case, but I could be wrong. I've not used one of those.

I do like the fact that it is a proper store and that the seller invites people to come along and try in person.

That's either a good sign - or a good bluff! :D

Any UUers local who could test drive one?

The recommended retail prices are, the seller claims, much higher than these auction prices.

Zerone ukes previously discussed on UU here and here.

MGM wrote:
These are defineltely a chinese ukes from the factories like ones Bushman has used. Also notice the small print no returns due to action buzz etc all sales final...lol Truth be known you can get almost any ukulele chinese made to have your name on it....if you buy the right amount or want all the seconds and blemishes. I have blanks of most all major chinese brands sent to me for purchase prospects...minus the major producers name...Zerone may have been in business since 1930 but this uke sure hasnt

Zerone ukes previously discussed on UU here and here.

MGM said:
These are defineltely a chinese ukes from the factories like ones Bushman has used. Also notice the small print no returns due to action buzz etc all sales final...lol Truth be known you can get almost any ukulele chinese made to have your name on it....if you buy the right amount or want all the seconds and blemishes. I have blanks of most all major chinese brands sent to me for purchase prospects...minus the major producers name...Zerone may have been in business since 1930 but this uke sure hasnt

Well that confirms the Chinese cookie-cutter theory.

Anyone who is in the uke business knows that out of 100 ukes, you might have 10% or more that have significant issues, whether it is cosmetic or playablilty.

The uke in the photo looks like mahogany to me.

The colour does to me too... but the grain pattern doesn't. That said, I'm no wood expert.

Top Bottom