Something Good (from "The Sound of Music")

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score

This is the fifth song from "The Sound of Music" I've tried to do on ukulele, so I guess it's a good indication how much I love that musical.

The fourth and final song from the "beer can series." :)

Thanks, Campbell! I might try wine next time! :)

Thanks, Bill! Thanks, Margaret! I really appreciate it!

And thank you, Luke! I don't drink beer in front of my students! Actually, I recorded these songs one evening in my room (half office, half music studio) at home. The "blackboard" is actually a window with the shutter closed and a thin curtain hanging down. You might recognize the little VW van sitting on the window ledge from some of my other videos. :)

The more I hear your voice John the more I like it. Your playing is also as good as ever.
Bring us another 'season' soon mate, have really enjoyed this beer one!

Thanks, Dave! I really appreciate it! The "beer can" series is a good way for me to record a few songs all in one session, so I think I'll try this again soon. :)

Thanks, Lapyang! It's amazing how Rodgers and Hammerstein could reel off one great song after another! :)

Thanks, Brenda! Yes, I got four songs out of that can of beer. I think I'll do more series like this when I have a chance. It's a nice way to get a few songs recorded all at once! :)

Aloha John,
Nicely done. From my favorite musical. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, luv2uke! "The Sound of Music" is my favorite, too, and Rodgers and Hammerstein are right up there as one of my favorite songwriting teams! :)

Excellent again john.....I like the term "beer can" series! The relaxed attitude and delivery shows off your talents. Looks like you actually finished the beer this time!
Mike

Thanks, Mike! I might try a bigger can next time, but there might be diminishing returns! :)

Four songs out of one can of beer???!!! Wow, in my drinkin' days it would've been more like ONE song out of FOUR cans of beer !!!! (Which is probably why it's a good thing I gave it up nine years ago!)

Four songs out of one can of beer???!!! Wow, in my drinkin' days it would've been more like ONE song out of FOUR cans of beer !!!! (Which is probably why it's a good thing I gave it up nine years ago!)

Heh heh! I'd probably fall asleep before I got anywhere close to four cans!

Top Bottom