NUD: Pineapple Sunday

Jerryc41

Reaction score
Someone recently posted that Mim had two Pineapple Sundays on her site. I know these don't become available very often, so I looked, decided, and bought. Although Mim's description said that it came with a case, I didn't expect something as beautiful and perfect-fitting as this Kala case.

001.jpg 002.jpg
004.jpg 006.jpg 009.jpg

Beautiful. I was really close to pulling the trigger on one of the ones she's posted. Congrats!

I also looked when I saw that post about Mim. You picked the one I would have picked, if I had decided to buy one. IIRC, yours is the more boldly striped of the two. Very nice!

LL

Great snatch Jerry! Pineapple Sunday is rare to come by. I like the bold stripes on the back. The case looks great. Mim doesn't skimp on cases. She gave me a beautiful Kala ABS case for my KoAloha Mango Concert.
How does the sound of the Pineapple Sunday compare to the Specter? Are they similar?

Very nice. I know someone who was after a Scepter for quite a while, this looks even better. I'm tempted to spend the $1600 myself.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:
Congratulations on the purchase of your playable art/family heirloom!
joe

I also looked when I saw that post about Mim. You picked the one I would have picked, if I had decided to buy one. IIRC, yours is the more boldly striped of the two. Very nice!

LL

I like being able to see the actual uke I'll get, rather than seeing a generic photo.

Very nice. I know someone who was after a Scepter for quite a while, this looks even better. I'm tempted to spend the $1600 myself.

You don't see them for sale very often, so act quickly when you do. Try eBay - lots of good ukes from Japan - and Reverb. I bought a Scepter on eBay from Japan.

EDIT: Mystery solved, I think. I was unable to post a response to kohanmike's post when I included his signature. The site gave me all sorts of reasons - not 10 characters, spam, posting too fast. By deleting his signature lines, the post went through. I'm going to try it again, leaving the signature lines in place.

EDIT: Yes, the signature is the problem. My post was rejected twice, once for being too short, and once for being spam. Now I know why I've had problems responding when I reply with quote.

Last edited:
I was unable to post a response to kohanmike's post when I included his signature. The site gave me all sorts of reasons - not 10 characters, spam, posting too fast. By deleting his signature lines, the post went through.
Thank you Jerry, I've been having the same problem, but my workaround is to go to the Advanced window and save the post from there, which works. This started to happen after the recent hack, they must of added more security for posts with web links. What I will do is remove the URL tags and see if that works.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org

Last edited:
This is a test of my signature without the URL tags. (That worked.)

Top Bottom