NUD. Jupiter "Doggie Parade" Tenor.

Lapyang

Reaction score
Just received this specially made tenor from Jonathan Dale (Jupiter Ukulele). I cannot be any more pleased with the result.

I love my dogs. My first dog, a Golden Retriever (Gumbo) passed away a few years ago. Since then I have two other dogs. One is a Coton de Tulear(Suba), the other one is a rescued boxer, beagle, lab mix (T-Bone). I contacted several luthiers about making a tribute ukulele for the dogs, but responses were luke warm at best, more often reluctant to discuss further, or the cost for the inlays were sky high. Then I found Mr. Jonathan Dale. He was actually excited and interested in helping me out with the project. He gave a lot of good input with the design. I sent him pictures (probably too many) of my dogs, he showed me drawings...etc. I also requested a more curved fretboard, and Mr. Dale even made a test ukulele with different interchangeable radiused fretboard for me to test out. I ended up with a 7.5 in radiused fretboard. I think Mr. Dale actually enjoys a challenge and likes to create something different. Then a few months later, my one of a kind "Doggie Parade" Tenor was born. As you can see, the dogs are trotting up the fretboard, prancing around on the headplate.

Back and sides-Spalted American Sycamore
Top-Curly Redwood
Neck-Alaskan Yellow Cedar
Binding-2000 to 4000 year old Russian Bog Oak
Fingerboard and Headplate-Richlite
7.5 in degree radiused fretboard
Zero fret
Bridge-Ebony
Dog paws-white mother of pearl
Headplate inlays-golden pearl, white pearl, brown/black pearl, recon stone
Gotoh UPT tuners
Bound side soundport
Rosette-white pearl letter(Dogs' names)
MiSi pickup

Everytime I see this Uke, I smile. Thank you Mr. Jonathan Dale.

IMG_0752.jpgIMG_0753.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0755.jpg
    IMG_0755.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0756.jpg
    IMG_0756.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
How can you not love that? It look well made and wonderful. I would smile too!

That’s great !
Can you get any more dogs on ukulele ?
Ron

Awesome! A litter-mate! :eek:
I haven't done my NUD yet but I got my guilele on Monday. It'll probably be the weekend before I can something written up. I can't agree more that being involved with Jon in the creation of a custom instrument has been a great experience. :cheers:

Awesome! A litter-mate! :eek:
I haven't done my NUD yet but I got my guilele on Monday. It'll probably be the weekend before I can something written up. I can't agree more that being involved with Jon in the creation of a custom instrument has been a great experience. :cheers:

Hi litter-mate. Mine is #48.

It looks wonderful Joseph, congratulations. Both dogs and ukuleles are very lovable making this instrument doubly lovable.

You have done a wonderful thing memorialising your love for your fur children. Many do not understand the very personal nature of our relationship with pets and our instruments. They “can’t understand” why we make the choices we do. But I say Bravo! You have a great heart!

You have done a wonderful thing memorialising your love for your fur children. Many do not understand the very personal nature of our relationship with pets and our instruments. They “can’t understand” why we make the choices we do. But I say Bravo! You have a great heart!

Thanks, I cannot agree more.

Oh, goodness.
I missed this post until I noticed this uke in your signature and had to Google it.
WONDERFUL.

That's brilliant! I love both the inspiration and the execution!

Really nice tribute.

Heck, we bought three houses for our dogs when we had to move to different cities. My wife and I were strictly secondary considerations. :p

Oh, goodness.
I missed this post until I noticed this in your signature and had to Google it.
WONDERFUL.

Thanks Tracie

That's brilliant! I love both the inspiration and the execution!

Thank you.

Really nice tribute.

Heck, we bought three houses for our dogs when we had to move to different cities. My wife and I were strictly secondary considerations. :p

Wow, and I thought decorating my house to match the dogs were crazy...

Top Bottom