Uke commercial

EDW

Reaction score
I don't know if this one has been discussed before. I just saw this

Ukes have been used as background music in commercials for quite awhile, sometimes they're featured visually like this or in the Kona Beer commercials. Not sure if she's actually playing, I don't think so, same with Kona.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Ahem, not actually a ukulele commercial, just a commercial with a uke.

Ahem, not actually a ukulele commercial, just a commercial with a uke.

Thank you for clarification. I am deeply remorseful for having misled all of the good people here. I am hoping that in time my family will be able to live down this shame.

;)

Mainland cedar/rosewood tenor.

It's too bad they elected to cover the "Mainland" headstock inlay. If I look closely I can see where it is blacked out. I guess they don't want to give any free advertising.

It's too bad they elected to cover the "Mainland" headstock inlay. If I look closely I can see where it is blacked out. I guess they don't want to give any free advertising.

It's actually about paying a fee. Anytime a manufacturers product name is shown in an ad, on a TV show or movie, a license fee has to be paid. I was a propman in the movie studios in Hollywood and if no fee was negotiated, part of my job was to cover manufacturer and product names, or create labels with fake company/product names.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:

Yeah, it's kind of a shame. I also considered that maybe they thought I'd sue them for associating my ukulele with a garbage company. The first time I saw it we were in Altoona for their ukulele soiree, I got up in the morning turned on the TV at the hotel and it was the first thing I saw. Pretty cool way to start the day.

Top Bottom