08-23-2018, 08:19 AM
I don't know if this one has been discussed before. I just saw this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpBQBs-ggjg

hoosierhiver
08-23-2018, 08:36 AM
Mainland cedar/rosewood tenor.

Jerryc41
08-23-2018, 09:26 AM
Like a snowball rolling down a hill. Just wait! We'll be sick of uke commercials before long. : )

kohanmike
08-23-2018, 11:16 AM
Ukes have been used as background music in commercials for quite awhile, sometimes they're featured visually like this or in the Kona Beer commercials. Not sure if she's actually playing, I don't think so, same with Kona.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Nickie
08-23-2018, 03:39 PM
Ahem, not actually a ukulele commercial, just a commercial with a uke.

EDW
08-23-2018, 03:58 PM
Ahem, not actually a ukulele commercial, just a commercial with a uke.

Thank you for clarification. I am deeply remorseful for having misled all of the good people here. I am hoping that in time my family will be able to live down this shame.

;)

Bill Sheehan
08-23-2018, 04:14 PM
We still love you, EDW !!! (You too, Jerry!)

Jerryc41
08-23-2018, 04:37 PM
Thank you for clarification. I am deeply remorseful for having misled all of the good people here. I am hoping that in time my family will be able to live down this shame.

;)

Not a chance! :D

Doc_J
08-24-2018, 05:09 AM
Mainland cedar/rosewood tenor.

It's too bad they elected to cover the "Mainland" headstock inlay. If I look closely I can see where it is blacked out. I guess they don't want to give any free advertising.

kohanmike
08-24-2018, 05:42 AM
It's too bad they elected to cover the "Mainland" headstock inlay. If I look closely I can see where it is blacked out. I guess they don't want to give any free advertising.

It's actually about paying a fee. Anytime a manufacturers product name is shown in an ad, on a TV show or movie, a license fee has to be paid. I was a propman in the movie studios in Hollywood and if no fee was negotiated, part of my job was to cover manufacturer and product names, or create labels with fake company/product names.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

hoosierhiver
08-24-2018, 06:00 AM

Yeah, it's kind of a shame. I also considered that maybe they thought I'd sue them for associating my ukulele with a garbage company. The first time I saw it we were in Altoona for their ukulele soiree, I got up in the morning turned on the TV at the hotel and it was the first thing I saw. Pretty cool way to start the day.