Help Brand New Uke fell and Got Cracked

CYN

Reaction score
So upset. I got my brand new soprano uke today and it slid out of the case and hit bottom end first on the floor. Thought eveything was fine until I saw a fine line which appears to be a crack about 3-4 inches on the bout. At first I was not sure it was a crack because it is tight together but alas it is. Can this be fixed so it will not open? It has been one of those rotten weeks and this just left me in tears.

Sorry to hear :( my sister dropped her Uke recently and cracked it pretty good. We took it to a guitar repair shop and they repaired it for $50 in about a week. We found them by searching for a guitar repair shop/luthier on Yelp. It turned out great and we can barely tell. Good luck with yours!

So upset. I got my brand new soprano uke today and it slid out of the case and hit bottom end first on the floor. Thought eveything was fine until I saw a fine line which appears to be a crack about 3-4 inches on the bout. At first I was not sure it was a crack because it is tight together but alas it is. Can this be fixed so it will not open? It has been one of those rotten weeks and this just left me in tears.

Cracks such as you describe are fairly straightforward for a repair person to fix and the repair may well last a lifetime. Check for repair shops in your area. You should be able to get it good as new.

Top Bottom