Augustine Guitar Strings for Baritone ?

Does anybody here have any experience using these strings for baritone uke ? What colour should i pick ? Red or blue ? I plan to buy it and use the 2nd to 5th string for DGBE tuning.

Thank you!

A friend of mine really likes the reds for his classical guitar. Because of this I have bought a set of reds for my Cordoba C10 crossover nylon string guitar. I have used many classical guitar srtings on baritone ukes, if sound good on guitar they usually do on a baritone uke.

A friend of mine really likes the reds for his classical guitar. Because of this I have bought a set of reds for my Cordoba C10 crossover nylon string guitar. I have used many classical guitar srtings on baritone ukes, if sound good on guitar they usually do on a baritone uke.

Thank you so much, Dave!

I use Augustine strings, mostly because they are in the local shop. Red is medium tension, Black is low tension. I think Blue is high tension. I use Black mostly, Red if Black is not available.
This brand of strings has been around since Andre Segovia, a very famous classical guitar player, his picture is on the packet. This article claims the Black Label were his first choice back in the 1940s, just after nylon was apparently invented by Du Pont. http://classicalguitarmagazine.com/segovias-strings-and-the-augustine-collaboration/.
Just like Fender Guitars, it is hard to beat an original.

Hi Bill! Thanks for your reply. I'm curious about the tension on your baritone. You said you use the black label, is it too loose or floppy ? I don't like my current strings because it's too floppy. So i'm thinking to buy the blue label.

Top Bottom