Dionisio Aguado-Waltz Lesson 17-Ukulele

chrisschross

Reaction score
From the e-book ´"The Beauty of Uke Music" by Samantha Muir, mine seems to be the only ukulele video of this piece so far.
But there are some really nice guitar videos of it...

Last edited:
Both renditions sound great to me, and and are FAR above my meagre abilities!
Well done chrisschross and Campbell, I very much enjoyed.

Sorry Campbell, that I didn't notice your version. It's probably because it hasn't got the composer's name in the Youtube-title.
Very fine sounding. I like the fact, that you play the chromatic thirds movements as slides (0:29). That allows you a certain tempo.
I remember that when I recorded it, bringing this place up to speed almost made me despair.
But in the end, I managed to play it at a reasonable speed, even with the thirds picked...

Sorry Campbell, that I didn't notice your version. It's probably because it hasn't got the composer's name in the Youtube-title.
Very fine sounding. I like the fact, that you play the chromatic thirds movements as slides (0:29). That allows you a certain tempo.
I remember that when I recorded it, bringing this place up to speed almost made me despair.
But in the end, I managed to play it at a reasonable speed, even with the thirds picked...

I absolutely love your version, it's such a joy to hear these pieces played so well on the humble ukulele :D and what's really exciting for me, is to hear all those little personal touches you bring to that make the piece your own :D thank for posting.

Very well played chrisschross, the recording is as good as anything I have heard.........beautiful tone. Just really lovely!
Mike

Top Bottom