New string options for soprano cedar/rosewood uke

CYN

Reaction score
Do not like Aquila strings on my new solid Cedar/Rosewood soprano. I have tried Worth Browns on a Cedar concert before and they were great sounding with low tension. :looking to try something different that will really bring out this tone wood combination. Any suggestions? Need to be easy on arthritic fingers.

I have a cedar/rosewood concert that I put Living Waters strings on. Sounds great.

Do not like Aquila strings on my new solid Cedar/Rosewood soprano. I have tried Worth Browns on a Cedar concert before and they were great sounding with low tension. :looking to try something different that will really bring out this tone wood combination. Any suggestions? Need to be easy on arthritic fingers.

What don't you like about the sound, too bright, too brash, too loud. A more important question is what tone do you want. There are LOTS of strings out there, knowing the tone you want to achieve will help with recommendations.

Feel they are too bright and brash. I like a mellow rich but loud sound.

Feel they are too bright and brash. I like a mellow rich but loud sound.

Living Water are very good as RafterGirl mentioned. Worth Brown or Clear which are brighter than browns but not brash. Oasis warm but those are on the higher tension side. Martin M600 is another popular soprano string.

Living Water are very good as RafterGirl mentioned. Worth Brown or Clear which are brighter than browns but not brash. Oasis warm but those are on the higher tension side. Martin M600 is another popular soprano string.

Yes, I was going to suggest Oasis warm too - they're my favorite string at the moment.
Their tension doesn't feel high to me (similar to Martin and Living Waters), but that might be subjective; I very much prefer the feel of most fluerocarbon strings over all the nylon ones I've tried.

Another option might be GHS (artists series); they are oddly thick, but they're still fluerocarbon and they sounded very warm and mellow.

Top Bottom