PDA

View Full Version : Kala CONCERT TRAVEL Spalted Maple, Spruce top with Cutaway FS

Gypsyuke
08-24-2018, 05:31 AM
Kala KA-SSTU-SMC-C travel Concert with spalted Maple body and SOLID spruce top with Cutaway: SUPERB Condition!
This thinline uke produces a full, rich and surprisingly loud sound for its compact size. Strung with new strings (incl. low G). I’m just not playing it because a baritone is my primary go-to-uke.
It’s in perfect condition except for a very small surface nick (on the binding, see last photo). It’s so small that it’s hard to fine!
Comes with the Kala padded gig bay that has a small pocket inside.

$239 this week only (1st week of Sept.) + $17 Priority Mail shipping

Note: email me your request for photos (12), until I learn how to upload them.

mgsondance
08-24-2018, 07:47 AM
Pictures please- mgsondance@hotmail.com

Margie

rubykey
08-24-2018, 01:24 PM
Spalted maple is pretty. It is also usually made of laminate. I don't think the Kala travel ukuleles are made of solid wood bodies. That's what adds to their travel appeal. They are not susceptible as much to weather conditions. They are great little cannons. Buyer and seller should verify if indeed the body is solid wood. Just saying. I have a friend who has a spalted maple Spruce top regular Kala concert and it's really sweet.

mgsondance
08-24-2018, 04:01 PM
Yes- I figured that it was laminate and looked it up. It is. I thought I posted that on here, but it doesn’t show up.
Thanks for responding. A lot of people get confused by the descriptions online.

Gypsyuke
08-25-2018, 03:53 PM
I stand corrected: Although the spruce top is solid, apparently the maple body is not.
Thanks thanks for your feedback!