Claus Mohri anyone? (NUD)

Ludwig.

Reaction score
Guten Tag! ;)

I usually do not post NUDs but this one is pretty special. :eek:

I waited over three years and recently (finally!) received my new all maple concert ukulele by Claus Mohri.

Claus has been building stringed instruments for over 40 years and is a bit of a legend in the German uke scene. Although he is a master craftsman his prices are still pretty fair. I paid a little more than 1200 € including pegheds with ebony buttons and a pretty decent hard case (which makes the actually ukulele around 1k).

Well, what can I say. The uke is way better than everything in everything I expected (sound, playability, finish, look & feel, beauty :eek: )

For the German speakers among you, here's a little text I wrote - it is about the first holiday, me and my uke spent together (lots of pics as well, including the built process): http://ukulelezeit.de/meine-claus-mohri-ukulele/

claus_mohri_ukulele_lackierung_vorne.jpg

claus_mohri_ukulele_panorama_hinten.jpg

claus_mohri_ukulele_innenzettel.jpg

claus_mohri_ukulele_kopfplatte.jpg

claus_mohri_ukulele_pegheds2.jpg

More info about Claus: http://www.cmohri.de/index_en.php

Best wishes from Germany

Ludwig.

I did not do a proper sound demo yet but here's a little picking (with a capo though) where you can at least get an idea of the bell like sound that comes out of the instrument.

In case folks are interested, here's the original. It's become an equivalent of "Happy Birthday" in Russia—a song about Gena the crocodile's birthday.

Indeed. In my video, it's the Lithuanian version actually. :eek:

Your singing and playing skills are excellent, I thoroughly enjoyed that. I can see why you would wait 3 years for one of those to be built, simply the purest sounding reentrant ukulele I have heard, it was capoed as well. Absolutely fantastic......is that a spruce top with maple back and sides

Very, very beautiful instrument!! Congrats after the long but well worth wait!

Your singing and playing skills are excellent, I thoroughly enjoyed that. I can see why you would wait 3 years for one of those to be built, simply the purest sounding reentrant ukulele I have heard, it was capoed as well. Absolutely fantastic......is that a spruce top with maple back and sides

Thanks, Dave!

Since Claus is a magician, it is all maple, even the top. I asked him if a spruce top made a big difference and he said that he can make both, maple and spruce, make sound equally good. And so he did. :D

Just a wonderful instrument; as well as your performance. Excellent! I love to see and hear ukuleles that are not so common for many of us. Thank you so much for sharing.

John

Top Bottom