Early Famous (by Kiwaya) FS-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Early Famous FS-5, made in Japan, which I got here on UU a while back. This one has a nice dark rosewood fingerboard, not a lighter walnut board, like current ones. this one also has a non-compensated ebony bridge, not the later wavy comp style. Gorgeous grained koa laminate.

Plays & sounds excellent. Original tuners were replaced with gold UPTs, with black buttons...WAY better. Strap button on bottom. Big honkin strap button on heel was removed. Nice shape, no cracks, a ding or 2. Only issue I thought was important was the bridge slots: the A slot had a blowout, and was repaired before I got it. Then, just after I got it, the C slot blew out too. I drilled a tiny hole down through the bridge for that one, using a button to secure the string from inside the body, a common fix for a slot blowout. At this point, I can't remember if I also drilled the A slot too, I may have.

But, all in all, a killer looking and sounding soprano uke. I just have too many, and prefer no extra frets on the body.

$225.00 shipped in CONUS only. Videos available.

View attachment 111483
View attachment 111484
View attachment 111485
View attachment 111486

Last edited:
That's a great sounding uke. Do you have photos of it with the UPTs?

Beautiful wood on that, and love the wood saddle and nut.

It looks great! I love that black fretboard and black UPTs. Nice photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom