How do you hang it? Ukulele wall hangers

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Would love to see what hangers are used within the community when hanging the uke on the wall. There are really nice ones on Etsy. Any other sources? Opinions? Or are you a case only person?

I bought one typical hangar a few years ago when all I had was a cheap ABC Store uke that I bought in Hawaii. I don't want to hang my ukes up and leave them out to get dirty and dusty. It's one thing for me to breathe the air in the house, but I don't want my precious ukuleles exposed to it. :D With forty-four ukes, I'd have to spend a fortune on wall hangars. Even the two or three ukes I keep near me in the living room are in cases.

It's a small step from a ukulele hanger to a ukulele hangar.

I use floor stands, and avoid sitting surfaces after two unfortunate accidents.

I love seeing a whole wall of hanging instruments, show em if you got em.

I dont have the room so mine stay in cases but I have 5 floor stands. I will use those when I am playing and maybe have 5 ukes out for the day on the weekends. Below are a few different types, the upright model that holds the headstock is my favourite. Hope I didn't high jack your thread. I really would love to see some wall hangers.

15353712818601773122770.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a case person. I have limited space in my office, so the cases are in a row, leaning against a chest of drawers. My "little soldiers" all in a row. I do have a Kala wooden stand in my office to hold the uke I'm playing at the moment. It's like the middle one in DownUpDave's picture above. I have a modified ukulele/guitar stand that lives at church for when I play in worship band. I also have a ukulele holder that attaches to my music stand that I use at groups/jams/workshops.

I've discovered with the use of a hygrometer, that I don't need to humidify my ukes in the summer months. Even in the dry Utah climate, with the AC on, it stays mid 40s - 50%. Now in winter, it's a different game. Two humidifiers per case all winter.

I use these guys. 15352889927061563012381079387262.jpg

I am watching this thread with great interest as I will soon be having my own studio room
I look forward to decorating it with all my trophies that call ukuleles :D

This is so exciting......I can help you buy 5 - 10 more ukes to decorate your wall. Maybe more.....oh the possibilities, buy the Anunue Moonbird concert on HMS, buy it now!!!!

In my music room I use the String Swing holders, but first I stain them a dark color to make them look much better, and more visually compatible with the ukes. In my basement office I use a $0.97 tool hanger (metal with plastic coating) to hang two less-expensive ukuleles. Studies have shown, again and again, that having one or more ukulele(s) in a work space will increase, by a minimum of 4.78 percent, the worker's procrastination.

Last edited:
For my ukes, I converted a shelf in my livingroom to a humidified display cabinet. Hang each uke on a simple brass hook by the tuners with Martin leather straps, and before anyone complains, the ukes are so light, there's very little tension on the shafts.

For my bass ukes, I used a couple of Diamond Life wall systems that fit my 18 basses in a small amount of space.

Shelf 7 ukes 800.jpg

Bass wall rack 1024.jpg

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:
I really like the String Swing hangers. They're strong, look great, and hold the instrument away from the wall, so no banging and scratching. I keep a couple of ukes out of their cases and hanging for easy access during the warmer months. Once the heater kicks in and the indoor humidity starts to drop, they're all stored in their cases with humidifiers.

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom