Posting in Marketplace?

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
Has anything changed for the Marketplace?
I tried to post something for sale, but got a "forbidden" message.

Edit to add:
This posting worked, so it's just the marketplace that forbid me from posting.
16" Ono concert. In case anyone is interested in what I was going to post, please feel free to PM me.

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago, or so. The message I received in response to my effort to post included the word "blacklisted"!

I had included two urls in my message. I rewrote the message w/out the urls and it went through.

I've certainly seen urls on UU before, so I'm not sure that's what the problem was.

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago, or so. The message I received in response to my effort to post included the word "blacklisted"!

I had included two urls in my message. I rewrote the message w/out the urls and it went through.

I've certainly seen urls on UU before, so I'm not sure that's what the problem was.

That could be the problem. Thanks for the suggestion.
I tried 2 different web browsers, & that didn't make a difference.

A 16“ scale does sound intriguing, but I assume that it is in the US, nothing else stated?

Yes, it's the tags URL in your post, when I just type in the www.etc, it works.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Yes, strange things can happen. I've had trouble posting here, with notices like, "spam," "Wait 30 seconds," and "forbidden." In my case, it was because I was replying to a post and quoting all or part of the poster's comments, and I included his signature. Removing the signature solved the problem. Of course, with an original post like yours, that doesn't apply, so it must be something else.

I took out some links, and it worked, so either the links were the problem, or technology is being nicer to me today. :)

Good to know that we need to be careful about links, but that does make sense when trying to keep the forum as problem-free as possible.

My workaround is to click the Advanced button, then post from that window. (I'm the culprit Jerry mentioned with the signature.)

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org

A 16“ scale does sound intriguing, but I assume that it is in the US, nothing else stated?

Yes, CONUS. In this case, AFAIK, none of the woods are restricted by CITES, but I have no idea how to ship outside of CONUS, and how to handle different currency.

Yes, CONUS. In this case, AFAIK, none of the woods are restricted by CITES, but I have no idea how to ship outside of CONUS, and how to handle different currency.

I figured.
Shipping and customs would likely be cumbersome.

It really is easy to ship a Uke outside CONUS for a uke sized package. Unless something changed recently the USPS does a good job at reasonable rates. I’ve used AusPost to ship Ukes to the USA and the UK with no problems. Once they reach the destination country they are handed over to the local postal service. Guitars are another story.

My workaround is to click the Advanced button, then post from that window. (I'm the culprit Jerry mentioned with the signature.)

I wouldn't say you were a culprit. It was just a quirk of the web site.

Top Bottom