Del Rey Uke Player - Great Concert!

TobyDog

Reaction score
Just saw Del Rey at a small concert in Portland, Maine - she's great! I had read about her, and saw a few yourtube videos. She plays old blues. I recommend anyone who has the chance to see her live performance to do it!

I ordered one of her teaching cd's, I'll give a holler once I've tried it.

I have both her DVDs. They're great- they show close ups of both her hands as she plays, she explains well, and the tab is included.

Went to a workshop she conducted at Boulevard Music in Culver City a couple of years ago, great experience.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:
Just saw Del Rey at a small concert in Portland, Maine - she's great! I had read about her, and saw a few yourtube videos. She plays old blues. I recommend anyone who has the chance to see her live performance to do it!

I ordered one of her teaching cd's, I'll give a holler once I've tried it.

Did she play a resonator? She'll be at the Funky Frets Uke Fest in October.

Ah yes!
She is an amazing player and a great teacher.
Love het music and enjoyed her workshop tremendously.

Did she play a resonator? She'll be at the Funky Frets Uke Fest in October.

Yes, she played both a resonator uke and a resonator guitar. I was a little disappointed before it started to see the guitar there. But man, there was practically smoke coming out of that thing when she played it. And the crowd loved her. I wouldn't be surprised if she's the best blues guitarist living.

I left there wanting my own resonator. I can't afford a National, but I'm seriously thinking about a Beltona. Anyone out there ever play one?

Yep,
I have a Beltona Songster tenor, which has the Del mojo, she used it to give a workshop with.
Beltonas can be loud and brash, or sing sweetly depending how you play it.
I think Del is regarded as the worlds leading female resonator player. At 14 she played with Sam Chatmon, if you don’t know who he is, check him out! She is also an authority on Memphis Minnie.
H

Top Bottom