Soprano with tenor neck

I’m on a quest to find soprano Uke’s with tenor necks. So far I’ve found Ohana and Koaloha. Am I missing any?

I had one of those Ohanas a few years back. Sounded great and was a blast to play...kind of felt like a banjo but sounded like a uke! I moved it on to a good home, but I've kind of regretted letting it go...

I’m on a quest to find soprano Uke’s with tenor necks. So far I’ve found Ohana and Koaloha. Am I missing any?
Other than custom, I believe that's it.

Shima Ukulele, I think, has soprano body & tenor neck.

Commonly known as Giraffe Neck, at least in the Seasons it is, a few of us have the Ohana SK30L, great little uke. :)

Didn't know about the KoAloha, :uhoh: - that just might start up my UAS again if I see one......no mustn't even think about it!

I had one of them Ohanas too... this is me 12 years ago at my 50th birthday party with mine. I've long since sold it off... I barely recall owning it
7068-1293062292007.jpg

...as the hot dogs burn beyond recognition... just kidding !!!! I too had the Ohana; it had a great banjo'y jangle, and you could really feel the body vibrate when you played it. Loved the headstock shape too. I made disposition of mine, but may consider getting another some day !

Now I'm really wanting one of them KoAloha super duper soprano!

Is Ohana still making their version or has it been discontinued?

Actually, they are soprano body, concert neck. At least the one I have is.

Thanks for clarifying that. I got confused by their statement: "Jake Shimabukuro Wideneck Soprano Ukulele With Tenor Range", which sounded to me like a tenor neck, with the 18 frets that they say it has. But, it also does say that it's a longneck soprano with a 15" fretboard, so a concert neck it is. Thanks.

I heard back from Koaloha...they discontinued the tenor neck model. Ohana still has them, and I just ordered one thru Mims.

I’ve got of those koaloha’s and Love it!

Top Bottom