Posting Too Soon

That's odd, when I wait the 30 seconds, it lets me post. I've been running into that a lot lately with my error of inserting the tag 'URL' in my posts. Now that I've stopped, I encounter the delay much less.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

I've been running into that a lot lately with my error of inserting the tag 'URL' in my posts.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 3 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org

Yes, it often thinks the link is spam.

You are overloading the system Jerry :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Some days I expect a message to pop up to say I'm purchasing too soon, & have to wait at least 30 seconds before buying anything else. :)

My UAS isn't quite that bad, but some days it still feels like it.

It's pretty common for websites to have a security time delay built in. It prevents malicious servers from brute forcing their way in past authentication by trying 1000 variations a minute. It's not the computer _can't_ eventually guess what the password is. It's just that it takes too darn long.

Honestly, I sort of wish I had a way of enforcing this kind of rule when my kid hits me with "are we there yet?"s on long car rides?

Are we there yet? No
<wait 1 second until you can ask again>
Are we there yet? No!
<wait 10 seconds until you can ask again>
Are we there yet? NO!!
<wait 1 minute until you can ask again>

Jerry - I have no idea why you'd get hit with something like this. I'd have to think that a single user making multiple posts in a short period of time would be pretty common.

Some days I expect a message to pop up to say I'm purchasing too soon, & have to wait at least 30 seconds before buying anything else. :)

My UAS isn't quite that bad, but some days it still feels like it.

I know what you mean, but I doubt that dealers will complain that you are buying too many ukuleles. I've had times when I received two ukes one day after another. The mail carrier and UPS driver must wonder about all these triangular boxes I'm receiving - for cases, too.

I’ve had this problem a few times recently, but it seems only when posting from my Android phone.
Sometimes, I get the ‘posting too soon’ notice and no matter HOW long I wait it won’t let me post.
When it happens, I post exactly the same thing from my iOS based iPad, and the post goes through first time.
Very strange.

Until I discovered that having the tag "URL" in my posts and deleted them, I just used the Advanced button at the bottom right, then posted, that always worked.

Until I discovered that having the tag "URL" in my posts and deleted them, I just used the Advanced button at the bottom right, then posted, that always worked.

I just tried to post mentioning Got A Ukulele as a web site, and it was rejected as spam. Spreading it out as individual words let it go through. I guess it likes some links but not others.

I've not experienced anything like that. The only thing I get is when I want to respond to a post with yes, and it tells me my post is too short. Then I have to add periods until they will take it.

Top Bottom