PDA

View Full Version : Swingtime!

Wingnutz
08-29-2018, 06:40 AM
A little flashback to 1947...

https://youtu.be/oR-Zs4hzsfA

Bill Sheehan
08-29-2018, 08:42 AM
Impossible to listen to that and not walk away feeling good! Awesome job!

Lapyang
08-29-2018, 09:21 AM
Laurence, I am in awe!

ukantor
08-29-2018, 09:49 AM
That was superb! I enjoyed it very much.

John Colter.

SoloRule
08-29-2018, 11:18 AM
This is really really good.
I was tapping along.
I really enjoyed it.

Camsuke
08-29-2018, 11:20 AM
Wow Laurence, truly fabulous is an understatement, this is amazing work mate, I'm going back for some more right now! :D

Camsuke
08-29-2018, 11:25 AM
I just popped back to add your 5 Star Rating :D Good stuff mate. Are you using a mixed set of strings? The 4 & 1 appear to be different in appearance.

Pueo
08-29-2018, 11:26 AM
Bravo!
Really enjoyed that!

ukeinfused
08-29-2018, 12:45 PM
Your musicality and technical skills are awesome...

luv2uke
08-29-2018, 08:13 PM
Aloha Laurence, another awesome song. Love your playing style. Maybe you should be giving us some tutorials! I knew that was you by your unique playing style when I first saw the video entered on the HMS video contest. Good luck!

MikeHollandGuitar
08-29-2018, 11:16 PM
Excellent stuff there Laurence. You have worked hard with scales and improvisation. So refreshing to see this jazz style on Ukulele. I am loving it!
Mike

Wingnutz
08-30-2018, 05:23 AM
Impossible to listen to that and not walk away feeling good! Awesome job!
Thanks Bill, this is indeed feel-good music!

Laurence, I am in awe!
Joseph - really appreciate your comment!

That was superb! I enjoyed it very much.

John Colter.
Thanks John, it was my pleasure!

This is really really good.
I was tapping along.
I really enjoyed it.
Your instincts are right on Brenda - this music was made for dancing!

Wow Laurence, truly fabulous is an understatement, this is amazing work mate, I'm going back for some more right now! :D

I just popped back to add your 5 Star Rating :D Good stuff mate. Are you using a mixed set of strings? The 4 & 1 appear to be different in appearance.
Thanks Campbell! I think I must have broken a string at some point and just replaced it with whatever I had handy. btw I just replaced my strings with those 'new' Aquila's (that come in the charcoal-grey packaging) and I am really liking them a lot!

S11LKO
08-30-2018, 11:16 AM
Hi Laurence! Just adding my 5* rating too mate. A scorching performance - like Brenda I was tapping all the way through!!
Keep 'em coming matey!

Wingnutz
08-30-2018, 12:16 PM
Bravo!
Really enjoyed that!
Great - glad you did!

Your musicality and technical skills are awesome...
Very high praise - I really want to be musical more than anything!

Aloha Laurence, another awesome song. Love your playing style. Maybe you should be giving us some tutorials! I knew that was you by your unique playing style when I first saw the video entered on the HMS video contest. Good luck!
Aloha and thanks so much! yeah, I entered that contest on a whim - probably because the prize looked so awesome! :)

Excellent stuff there Laurence. You have worked hard with scales and improvisation. So refreshing to see this jazz style on Ukulele. I am loving it!
Mike
Fortunately, there is always more work to do, more things to discover - glad you enjoyed it Mike!

Hi Laurence! Just adding my 5* rating too mate. A scorching performance - like Brenda I was tapping all the way through!!
Keep 'em coming matey!
Yeah Dave thanks for stopping by and tapping your feet!

Sharpshin
08-30-2018, 02:04 PM
So inspiring. That was amazing! Such musicianship. I am in awe! I am signing up on your youtube channel asap.

Wingnutz
08-31-2018, 11:26 AM
So inspiring. That was amazing! Such musicianship. I am in awe! I am signing up on your youtube channel asap.

Wow! - thanks so much - I am trying to organize you YT channel so it makes more sense so I hope you find what you're looking for over there.