I Got Stoned & I Missed It Dr. Hook / Shel Silverstein Cover on Ohana Tenor Ukulele

jasontaulbee

Reaction score
I Got Stoned & I Missed It Dr. Hook / Shel Silverstein Cover on Ohana Tenor Ukulele

Since my last video was received well, I figured I'd post another song from the same 'session' at the creek... Here's a fun one :) A classic written by Uncle Shel, and done quite ably by Dr. Hook back in the day (with a verse added by yours truly). Just a loose jam by the creek, and i'm plenty *relaxed, so just a little sloppy, I'm sure. Feedback / Comments welcomed and appreciated!!

Nice job on that! Liked your extra verse too! I remember Dr. Hook (and the Medicine Show, was it?) so well, in particular "Sylvia's Mother" and especially "Sharing The Night Together", which had such beautiful harmony and always tugged at my heartstrings! It's funny, though, beyond those tunes I didn't follow Dr. Hook very closely. But again, good job on this tune!!!

Thanks, Bill, for the kind words! It was indeed Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show, and what people don't always know is that they had one of the world's greatest songwriters penning for them: Shel Silverstein. He wrote this one (Stoned) as well as Sylvia's Mother, On the Cover of the Rolling Stone, and Everybody's Makin' It Big for them, as well as lots of other classics, including A boy named Sue for Johnny Cash... Thanks a lot for the compliment, as it really is a song i love :)

Top Bottom