Kudos for HMS

eyedoc

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi,
I know there have been threats like this before, but I wanted to post how happy I am with the service from Andrew, Zack and the rest of the team at HMS. For those of us who don’t live here big cities the videos of his ukulele models are invaluable in helping us determine what to buy . In addition I have found the entire team very responsive to my questions either by phone or email. The quality of the instruments is top notch and their return policy shipping policy are incredibly generous . This review comes after at least three purchases from them. Thank you again Andrew and HMS for bringing great ukuleles to my doorstep!
Ron

Dittoes all around. The HMS teams is great to deal with, their stock is top-notch, their prices are very competitive, and their setup program is top-of-the-line (although it is frustrating to have to wait a couple of weeks!). My third HMS ukulele is shipping today!

I’m on my third from them too.
I keep hoping that I’ll be able to play like them at some point!!!!

I've purchased five instruments from HMS, everyone was set up perfectly, in impeccable condition and a joy to play. They make the purchase process very enjoyable. I highly recommend them.

I think HMS will the first place I’d do to on my nest trip to Hawaii....of course I’d have to leave my wife at the hotel!
Ron

Andrew and the entire HMS/theukulelesite.com team are the BEST!!! I have purchased many ukes from them over the years and have also stopped by the HMS store in Haleiwa and the Wahiawa location where the warehouse, shop, and offices are located. This is where Andrew takes pictures of the ukes and records a majority of the video demos of the ukes as well. This is also where the setup and shipping department is located, too. Everyone is super nice and welcoming, the typical "Aloha Spirit" you would expect here in Hawaii - and then some!!!

For those of you who have not had the privilege to visit the Wahiawa location, this is where all the behind the scenes action takes place. Everyone is SUPER busy trying to keep up with the demand and taking care of their customers by providing their professional setups on all instruments, packing and shipping, QA of every instrument received, taking studio quality pictures of all ukes, video demos, Podcasts, etc. EVERYONE has a LOT on their plate ... especially Andrew!!! What Andrew and the entire crew bring to the ukulele community is PRICELESS!!!

As many have mentioned here and previously, many of us don't have the privilege of living somewhere that has a music store that carries a large variety of ukes that we can try in person. So, Andrew's video demos play an integral part in our decision making process on whether to pull the plug on a specific uke or not. I'm sure that I missed many other awesome quality services that HMS/theukulelesite.com provides us all, but I have to give credit where credit is due. Andrew and the HMS/theukulelesite.com crew are a HUGE asset to the worldwide ukulele community for sure!!!:worship:

A BIG MAHALO NUI LOA to Andrew and everyone at HMS/theukulelesite.com for all you do!!!!

Aloha,

Kimo:shaka:

Hi Kimo

do you still live in Salt Lake? if you do you will be happy to hear there will be a second store at Salt at our Kakaako(in Kakaako) in a few months..closer to you and folks who are in Waikiki...hope to see you there...:) next to Highway Inn and Starbucks etc...

Hi Kimo

do you still live in Salt Lake? if you do you will be happy to hear there will be a second store at Salt at our Kakaako(in Kakaako) in a few months..closer to you and folks who are in Waikiki...hope to see you there...:) next to Highway Inn and Starbucks etc...
When I saw Salt Lake, I had a momentary freak out. Then I continued reading. I live in Salt Lake City....Utah. I thought for a moment that some sort of ukulele miracle was happening.

I haven’t purchased from HMS.....yet. There are always ukes to drool over on their website. Good to see lots of positive reviews of their customer service.

Last edited:
Great dealer - they do great setup work. Well worth the little extra time (just be a little patient). They’re absolutely worth it

I know each time I buy from Andrew that he has my best interest at heart and HMS offers superb service and great set up.

My number 1 Ukulele dealer ... despite living in Canada and unable to pick it up ... sniff the sound hole, and give it a strum or two ...

I bought nearly 20 instruments from Hawaii Music Supply (The Ukulele Site) and have always been very happy with their service. Buying without trying is quite tough, but the folks from HMS do everything they can to make it easier, with their selection to make sure that you'll get the best instruments, their sound samples, their pictures, their reviews, their descriptions, their setup, and their personal communication. Their return policy is extremely generous (although I never had to use it because all of my purchases from them have been splendid), and they offer free shipping from a certain amount, even for international customers. Even though they are extremely busy, I know Andrew and his team are doing their best to satisfy each customer. There are other stores and makers who won't even answer your e-mails, even if it would make for a quick sale.

I can't thank Andrew and his crew enough for the great service they are providing for the international uke community. I wouldn't be such a happy ukulele player if it wasn't for them.

Great people at HMS! Awesome shop! Fantastic website!

Top Bottom