FS: Kiwaya KTC-2 mahogany concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

janeray1940

Reaction score
THIS UKE HAS BEEN SOLD! THANKS ALL FOR YOUR INTEREST, AND THANKS UU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO :)

I've finally come to terms with the fact that my true ukulele love is the soprano (or longneck soprano!), so I'm letting my Kiwaya KTC-2 concert uke go. I bought this new from HMS about a year ago for $800.

HMS can describe it far better than I can:
KIWAYA SOLID MAHOGANY CONCERT (NOW WITH GOTOH UPT TUNERS!)

This is Japanese precision at its finest. Based on a classic Martin mahogany concert, the KTC-2 is the classic concert feel and sound. It does, however, have a few distinct features.
One feature many prefer is the 14 frets to body. Sometimes those two extra frets can make things a lot easier. Another feature most do not know is a slightly longer scale length. Kiwaya has lengthened their concert scale length on the 14 fret to put the bridge in the sweet zone. The result is a bigger body and warmer tone.
The KTC-2 is one of our favorite concerts being made. It has a simple beauty and displays the meticulous quality only master craftsman can create. It is light in weight and the neck is slim and very comfortable.

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe the "out of stock" listing here has photos of my exact uke (but I'm including photos of the actual uke as well).

I've added a strap button. It's strung reentrant with Martin fluoros. Fantastic Oahu archtop case included.

A couple of sound samples can be heard here.

$550 including shipping, shipped UPS only, continental US only, payment by Paypal only.

IMG_2175.jpgIMG_2171.jpgIMG_2172.jpgIMG_2173.jpgIMG_2174.jpg

Last edited:
That's a great deal!

Thanks! I'm in major downsizing mode right now and am pretty motivated to get this to a new home where it will get more play time. Figured a good price was the way to go.

Are you motivated to downsize anything else? (I have this one already.)

Are you motivated to downsize anything else? (I have this one already.)

I'll let you know if I decide to... I'm on the fence about a couple of others so there's always a possibility!

PM sent with intent to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom