Sailor/loprinz action??

CYN

Reaction score
Was wondering for those out there that have a concert Loprinz or Sailor brand uke, how is the action? Do they make a low action? I am going to order a Sailor and wondered if I had to specify low action. Thanks

My Loprinzi concert came directly from Donna at Loprinzi and the set-up was perfect for me. Standard low action. If you are buying a Loprinzi or Sailor from Uke Republic then they will do the set-up, and they do a good job. Just let them know what you want. Loprinzi, and I assume Sailor, have a very slim neck.

...And I *love* that neck on my 2003 (!) LoPrinzi. Well, really I love everything about that instrument. Tone is amazing, playability is great. It's my re-entrant ukulele that I can always count on.

If you are getting the Sailor Brand from Mike at Uke Republic, just have him set it up for you. Mine came perfect.

You can ask but I'm sure it will already come with a nice low action. I have a loprinzi and it's very easy to play. But Donna did put on high-tension strings which are thick. At first the strings bothered me being so thick but I've grown fond of them. She says they are the correct string tension for that instrument. By the way, I might be wrong about thick strings being high tension. I just recall that's what she told me but I don't know a lot about strings. I do know they are wonderful instruments. Easy to play, easy on the eyes, and easy on the wallet.

Top Bottom