My uke group donations.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
Not sure if this should go in "Shameless Self Promotion" forum, but... Monday my uke group, The CC Strummers (60 strong) out of the Culver City Seniors Center, had our annual Labor Day Pot Luck party.

A couple of years ago we started donating to The Ukulele Kids Club (see my signature) and we chose UCLA/Mattel Children's Hospital music therapy program to receive the ukes they provide. We perform there every few weeks and give out the ukes to the kids. It's an extremely gratifying experience bringing ukuleles and smiles to the kids and their families.

Early this year I decided to replace one of my ukes, and one of the members suggested I raffle it to the group as a way to get more donations, good idea. I had it custom uke made by Bruce Wei in Vietnam for $380 and it brought in $640 that went to The UKC, awarded at our Memorial Day Pot Luck party.

A couple of weeks ago I saw a Lanikai Thinline uke for $149 that sells for $299, so I bought it as another raffle item, awarded at our Labor Day Pot Luck party on Monday, which brought in $730.

Our donations amount to over $7890 in just under two years through the great generosity of the members of The CC Strummers.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:
That is great. A worthy cause.

You are doing wonderful work. Helping bring some well needed relief and smiles when people are at their lowest, thank you for doing what you and the cc strummers are doing.

Thanks for sharing this -- I appreciate hearing about people doing good things for others, as it gives me more faith in . . . people.

wow, congrats Mike. Good job!
Our group, 5 of us, that plays at the Tampa Shriner's hospital and a local ALF for hospice patients, is moving and shaking. We're playing at a benefit for a museum today, a local golf club is putting on a Luau. UKC is getting ready to donate ukes to the Shriner's hospital! Yay!

Top Bottom