My Visit to KoAloha

Skottoman

Reaction score
I was on vacation this last week in Oahu. I contacted Brian at KoAloha to get a tour. Boy was I in for a treat!

Brian gave my wife and I a personal tour of the inner workings of KoAloha. Then I was able to choose from the excellent wall of "Factory Seconds". With the help of my wife and Brian, I found a Concert that I knew should be mine...

Thank you Brian and the entire KoAloha crew! you made my vacation, and I am very, very, very happy with my new KoAloha Concert Ukulele!!!!

Some pix from my visit...

Mahalo,
Skottoman

koaloha_1.jpg

koaloha_2.jpg

koaloha_3.jpg

koaloha_4.jpg

Last edited:
And the money shot pix of the new Concert KoAloha at my hotel in Ko Olina.
Mahalo,
Skottoman

koaloha_8.jpg

koaloha_10.jpg

koaloha_12.jpg

koaloha_13.jpg

Last edited:
this is a factory second (blemished)?

that is sooooo purdy

Yes, it is a factory second. There is a small blemish in the coating that is less about 1/8 inch. You'd never see it unless it was pointed out. It is a very nice Uke. I would say most of the "factory seconds" I saw were just fine to me. The cost savings was a bonus as well.

It's a very nice looking uke. Sounds awesome and looks even better in real life.

Mahalo,
Skottoman

if you dont mind me asking, how much was that beautiful ukulele? i want to go to the factory to get a blemished one, and am interested in the pricing of these ukes

The grain looks fantastic on it!! I'd love to go out there and get one straight from them one day.

How much of a discount is it for the 'factory seconds'?

Yah, I watched Dustin working on gluing some bodies together, and later making bookmatched panels for front and rear. Some precise work!

As far as "seconds" pricing, I got my Concert for less than $500 out the door. I hope that isn't a secret... :eek: But then again, if you live on the mainland, you have to pay for your flight and such, so It's really a bargain if you happen to be on the island. That said, I cannot think of a better way to buy a ukulele, seconds or not. Meeting the people, and seeing the facility made it worth it to me.

I will totally visit again on my next trip to Oahu. I recommend it to anyone, the KoAloha crew is top notch, and I felt very welome to be there.

Oh, and I have many pix of a Hawaiian sunset from my last trip. :D

Mahalo,
Skottoman

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing! :D

And what a sweet uke. I love the stripe down the middle!

I wonder how often Papa KoAloha makes a blemished Pineapple Sunday. Gotta make sure to visit then. ;)

You've lived two of my dreams, my friend! You toured KoAloha and you picked up a strikingly beautiful, personal, one-of-a-kind instrument! Great of you to post and share! :shaka:
(Stay away from the dream where I do a back flip over my house, though; that one is MINE!) :D

Whoa.. Congrats on the new Uke and glad you enjoyed your tour. Im actually starting to plan a Hawaii trip around the koaloha tour in the near future also.. Hope I get the same treatment!!!

:shaka:

Congratulations on the purchase. I'm scheduled to visit Oahu at the end of June and I was interested in visiting KoAloha too. My one question is, how long in advance did you contact Brian?

Thanks for all the great comments on my pix! :D

I sent Brian an email the week before we went. It seems though they list "impromptu" 15 minute tours every Mon-Fri at 10am and 1pm.

We showed up on Monday at 10am (mainly because I didn't want to spend a week in Hawaii without a uke!), and waited for the tour to start.
No one else showed up, and so we got a personal tour. :D

Brian is a really great guy, and the tour was fun, even for my wife, who doesn't play uke.

Mahalo,
Skottoman

Congrats on the new uke. I have a KoAloha concert and I love it. Now if I could only go to Honolulu for a tour.

I also have to add that the *smell* of the fresh Koa wood was really nice! Having not known the smell of Koa (everyone knows the smell of pine) it was a nice new scent! All I have to do now is smell the inside of my new uke, and it reminds me of my visit to the factory! :shaka:

Mahalo,
Skottoman

That's a sweet one. Brooks, who's one of us TCUO folks, just picked up a concert and it's got that same stripey grain on the sides. Very beautiful stuff. Play the hell out of it.

I look forward to taking the tour one day.

Top Bottom