Ukulele stores in Seattle?

ukeinfused

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
So in MN the are no high-end uke stores.
Today my wife and I are taking the ferry into Seattle at Edmunds. We have a car, and a couple hours to kill before we can check into our hotel at 3pm.
Where might I find some delicious ukuleles in this great city?

Last edited:
Dusty Strings is amazing. I randomly walked Into it after seeing The Fremont Troll. It’s walkable from there

So in MN the are no high-end uke stores.
Today my wife and I are taking the ferry into Seattle at Edmunds. We have a car, and a couple hours to kill before we can check into our hotel at 3pm.
Where might I find some delicious ukuleles in this great city?

Edmunds is on the North side of Seattle but in case it might be of use to you on your homeward journey, or to someone else at some point, Lucy’s Ukuleles are on the Southern side of Seattle. I’ve bought a few small items from Lucy’s via mail order (via Reverb and eBay) and have been delighted with their service, but I don’t know what the full range of products that they have on offer is.

Last edited:
I completely agree with the rec to visit Dusty Springs. The sales staff is exactly what you want it to be: either very helpful with insightful information or very helpful with leaving you alone so you can just strum/play with their wall of ukuleles. And what a wall. If you don't find a uke that will be hard to put down and not walk out with, I'll be extremely surprised.

Dusty Strings was fantastic. So many fine ukes on one wall!
Thanks to all for the referral.

My favorite was one of two new Kamaka sopranos. (But just too rich at about $1000 brand new.)
I really got to hear for the first time how ukes can vary even within a single brand/model.
A close second was a simple satin finished LoPrinzi concert in cherry wood. Lovely and surprisingly affordable for American-made.
I didn't walk out of the store with it, but i'm still thinking about it...!

Last edited:
Dusty Strings was fantastic. So many fine ukes on one wall!
Thanks to all for the referral.

My favorite was one of two new Kamaka sopranos. (But just too rich at about $1000 brand new.)
I really got to hear for the first time how ukes can vary even within a single brand/model.
A close second was a simple satin finished LoPrinzi concert in cherry wood. Lovely and surprisingly affordable for American-made.
I didn't walk out of the store with it, but i'm still thinking about it...!

Thanks for the Dusty Strings report. And to your point, getting to try ukes of the same model side by side would be a rare treat! Hope to be there in the next month..

Top Bottom