NUD: aNueNue UT200 Moon Bird Tenor Ukulele

Larry U

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I was a good boy this year and my wife rewarded me with this.

aNueNue UT200 Moon Bird Tenor Ukulele
- Indian Rosewood back and sides
- Swiss "Moon Spruce" top
- Spalted Maple soundhole rosette and fret marker dots

Construction, materials, design, sound, and playability are first class. I'm in love! :p

IMG_5534.jpg

IMG_5537.jpg

IMG_5539.jpg

IMG_5540.jpg

Last edited:
A keeper!! I'd never sell mine, what an incredible sounding instrument with looks to match. Good choice.

So when my UT-200 arrived it was strung linear and de-tuned a full step (ie. F,Bb,D,G -- or guitar with capo on 3rd fret.) I was blown away with how great it sounded; and have pretty much kept it that way ever since-
I have since tried the same tuning on several of my other tenors- but none are anywhere near as compelling. You might want to give it a try just for fun--
It's been a few weeks now, and my Moon Bird still gets most of my attention. Your gonna love yours!

A big congratulations on a stunning instrument Larry. I have been really impressed with these, so have the guys at HMS and that says a lot. Does this have an armrest/ arm bevel on the left lower bout? It looks that way from the photos but I can't tell for sure.

That's a great looking uke, looks like a custom, so for $1500 it's a good deal.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 8 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

A big congratulations on a stunning instrument Larry. I have been really impressed with these, so have the guys at HMS and that says a lot. Does this have an armrest/ arm bevel on the left lower bout? It looks that way from the photos but I can't tell for sure.

It's not a bevel. It's totally flat but just an artful design of the rosewood binding that makes it look like a bevel/comfort edge/arm rest. The same variable binding width is used all around the outer edge of the body.

It's not a bevel. It's totally flat but just an artful design of the rosewood binding that makes it look like a bevel/comfort edge/arm rest. The same variable binding width is used all around the outer edge of the body.

Yea I noticed that around the waist, very artful design indeed. Quite unique, I love it

So when my UT-200 arrived it was strung linear and de-tuned a full step
I bet that sounds great. I've never had a linear Bb uke unless you count my guileles that have those pitches on the first 4 strings.

It looks like this uke is compensated for high G though. Do they provide different saddles for reentrant vs linear tuning?

Also what strings do have on there snargle?

Also what strings do have on there snargle?
The strings are aNueNue's proprietary brand "Black Line" flourocarbons. They seem to work quite well with this instrument. I actually just ordered a couple of spare sets from Alibaba to keep as spares or to try on one of my other tenors.

Quite the optical "delusion" with the binding. It looks great. It should sound every bit as great.

I was going to ask what "Moon Spruce" was, but your video let me know.

Stunning looking instrument. It is a great inspiration to me. I'd like to try those top curves for real with a highly modified Spanish heal.

Here's a very interesting short video showing the selection and harvesting of the Swiss "Moon Spruce" tonewoods. Since my wife is Swiss, she thought it very appropriate that my new ukulele has a Swiss Alpine Spruce top.
https://www.facebook.com/495398317466515/videos/585679005105112/

I try to avoid Facebook, so I googled Moon Spruce, and found that it's used in guitars, where they say it takes a longer period of playing time to open up than Engelmann or Sitka. So, however great your ukulele sounds now, it should sound even better in the future!

Enjoy that lovely new ukulele.

Congratulations on the beautiful new acquisition. That artful binding sure does give it a unique look.

Dayumn! That gift will surely keep you in line at home for years to come :) Congrats on getting one of the few new instruments that has recently awoken my interest! The sound samples on HMS are really sweet! Enjoy it sir ~

I've never had a linear Bb uke unless you count my guileles that have those pitches on the first 4 strings.

Very surprised to hear this Jim. I fought against it for a long time, thinking I wouldn't be able to play with others. Then I discovered that it is clearly the ideal tuning for some of my ukes, and an added bonus is that when I like certain chord patterns, but the part is out of my range vocally, I just grab a Bb tuned instrument and it makes those high notes more easily accessible! Now, I've even convinced some of the folks I play with regularly to tune on of their ukes this way, so we can share the same charts.

Top Bottom