PDA

View Full Version : Been Listening to Ukulele Music for 3 month Ordered My Uke today From MGM Soo Excited

NewMexicoDawG
05-17-2009, 12:05 AM
done alot of research figured what I need is a concert Size I have Big hands.So I checked out MGM on ebay and I got Kala Flame Maple Long Neck Soprano Ukulele its a spalted maple super soprano Longneck I cant wait this is my 1st ukulele any advice that can be given to me to learn some basic chords Please
help

Thank U
NewMexicoDawG
One Love:)

Thank You UkuleleUnderground for showing me the beauty Of the Ukulele
Thats what got me hooked:)

HoldinCoffee
05-17-2009, 04:18 AM
Wow, this is one of the best "First Uke" threads I've seen! Congrats on your intelligence, and of course your uke with super-awesomeness!!

sukie
05-17-2009, 04:52 AM
Congrats, and enjoy! You're off on a new adventure. Oh! And welcome to UU.

CoffeeMate
05-17-2009, 05:04 AM
Congrats, welcome and great choice! There are lots of threads in the beginners section to get you started. This is the fun & easy chord progression CJ and I learned first. C Am F G7 with any strum pattern you like. I used down down up down or down down up up down to begin with. :nana:

kailua
05-17-2009, 05:06 AM
Welcome to UU. There are tons of info on the web for lessons. Google ukulele lessons and you'll see. Almost too much info., which can be very distracting. I have over fifty uke sites on my Favorites. Besides what's available on UU, which is a lot. This is a good site: http://www.doctoruke.com/index.html. Click on "Theory and What To Practice". That will keep you very well occupied. Enjoy your uke! :music:

Lori
05-17-2009, 05:53 AM
done alot of research figured what I need is a concert Size I have Big hands.So I checked out MGM on ebay and I got Kala Flame Maple Long Neck Soprano Ukulele its a spalted maple super soprano Longneck I cant wait this is my 1st ukulele any advice that can be given to me to learn some basic chords Please
help

I have that uke too, and I really like it. I am sure you will be very happy with it.

There are a bunch of free uke songbooks at this site: http://www.tusc.co.uk/songbook.html

Have Fun!
–Lori

kailua
05-17-2009, 06:01 AM
Thanks Lori. Another site added to my Favorites.

NewMexicoDawG
05-17-2009, 07:00 AM
God I have waited for this day for months I cant wait to learn some songs to post and try to win The UU video contest we have some beautiful places around I already have a idea where I am gonna Take my Video:smileybounce:.Thank u all for the Great Advice I added every last one of u to my contacts.I didnt think I would get so many awesome responses so quickly:)

Thank Thank You
NewMexicoDawG

ONE LOVE

Thank U UkULELE UNDERGROUND for showing me the Beauty of the Ukulele
Hooked On the Ukulele:):shaka:

generem
05-17-2009, 07:33 AM
Welcome

Let the AUS begin!!! :D

lefty dan
05-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Newmexico, congratulations. I too am getting started in ukulele and loving it.
Hey can you or anyone tell me about the long neck? Is it longer and that means the frets are a little farther apart. I also have fat fingers. Or is there more frets with the same spacing?
Dan

NewMexicoDawG
05-17-2009, 08:37 AM
Its a soprano with a concert neck more frets I think people will prolly add on to this because I know nothing LoL trying to help:)

Thank You

The NewMexicoDawG
One Love

Thank You Ukulele Underground for showing me the beauty Of the Ukulele:shaka::D:)

FatBaldGuy
05-18-2009, 10:13 AM
I know just how you feel, DawG. I was watching tons of videos all the time jonesing until my uke got here. After a couple weeks my wife can actually tell what song I am playing!

Uke on!

FBG

NMLobo
05-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Hi Dawg. Welcome. I'm right up the road from you in Santa Fe. I too am a beginner but this is a great site.

NMLobo

ukulele2544
05-19-2009, 09:57 PM
It would be good to learn the basic chords..

pebbleInDaPacific
05-20-2009, 06:18 AM
haha, bro, you have the early signs of UAS! that feeling of impatience and anticipation will never go away and will only get worse with every strum. Congrats on your new uke and future ukes you will get along the way. I've only been playing since may of last year, so exactly a year, and I already have 4. I must have it bad, i'm even excited and impatient for you! :D

CoffeeJunkee
05-22-2009, 04:53 AM
Here is a great youtuber to help you out. He gives great lessons, fun and easy to understand and follow..... MusicTeacher2009
http://www.youtube.com/user/MusicTeacher2009