Tiny Tenor Spruce/Mahogany Laminate

Jerryc41

Reaction score
Tiny Tenor has great ukuleles for relatively high prices, but they also have one with a solid spruce top and laminate mahogany body which sells for about $270. Unfortunately, that model is hard to find, since most companies prefer to carry the solid wood varieties.

I asked HMS about this Out of Stock model, and the reply indicated that they prefer to carry the solid models. Played side-by-side, I doubt many people would be able to distinguish solid from laminate.

https://www.theukulelesite.com/romero-creations-tt-solid-spruce-top-tiny-tenor-package.html

I believe Mike at Uke Republic carries the solid top/lam back and sides models.

I believe Mike at Uke Republic carries the solid top/lam back and sides models.

Yes, but there's a big difference between carrying a model and actually having it in stock. Maybe Romero has to make another batch to fill the supply line.

Try U-Space Ukuleles in Los Angeles tel:323-577-5567, they stock a lot of Pepe Romero’s stuff. Good luck

There is currently one on Craigslist for sale in McMinnville, Oregon. You can find the ad by searching for "ukulele" in the Portland or Salem, Oregon areas. I played it briefly last weekend. It's in very good condition.

If you are patient, you could ask your distributor what it would cost you if he ordered one for you with his next shipment from the maker.
Even if they don't keep them in stock, they would probably push one if they knew there was a buyer for it.

If you are patient, you could ask your distributor what it would cost you if he ordered one for you with his next shipment from the maker.
Even if they don't keep them in stock, they would probably push one if they knew there was a buyer for it.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not desperate to get one. It's just that I saw this model was being produced, but no one has it for sale. There's probably less profit for both the maker and the seller on less expensive models, so they prefer the pricier ones.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not desperate to get one. It's just that I saw this model was being produced, but no one has it for sale. There's probably less profit for both the maker and the seller on less expensive models, so they prefer the pricier ones.

It’s so easy to be cynical. And I mean that in a sincere way. But he had issues with that factory and and is working it out with another to make something at the more affordable range he can put his name on. You can’t assume this stuff is easy, or that it’s about numbers.

It’s so easy to be cynical. And I mean that in a sincere way. But he had issues with that factory and and is working it out with another to make something at the more affordable range he can put his name on. You can’t assume this stuff is easy, or that it’s about numbers.

Glad to hear, instead of pushing out an inferior product.

I'm so glad to hear this. I ordered one of the laminate sopranos and you were gracious enough to take it back. Thank you for great service even when the product isn't great. OTOH, my solid Tiny Tenor is perfection.

Try U-Space Ukuleles in Los Angeles tel:323-577-5567, they stock a lot of Pepe Romero’s stuff. Good luck

That's were we got ours, great folks to deal with and what a great ukulele!

I purchased a TT- solid spruce /laminate from HMS. Joel did a great job of set up. I requested a walnut fretboard and saddle version when I saw it coming up with other on line dealers. I always buy form HMS I could not be happier with the product or HMS. These are really nice , affordable, sweet sounding ukuleles. So much, so, I will get a solid TT at some point but for now, I have traveled across Canada twice with my TT in toe. It fits in overhead bin. Takes up very little room but most of all - SOUNDS really good. I think they are great value.

Top Bottom