Hard Case for Duke 10 - Found One

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I prefer to have all my ukes in hard cases. The Duke 10 was hard to fit, but I got one yesterday from Musician's Friend that is perfect, although there is certainly no wiggle room. At just $49 for a good hard case (no straps), I'm glad I found it.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-hardshell-a-style-mandolin-case

My next challenge will be finding a case for my Gold Tone Little Gem. I haven't tried it in the Duke case yet, so I'm hoping it fits. Gold Tone says they "have one," but it's not available yet. I'm not holding my breath.

Speaking of storage, what I have to do now is get a better way to store my ukes. It's getting hard to find the one I want. The pictures below were taken several months ago, and the closet is a bit more crowded now.

Uke Closet 1.jpg Uke Closet 2.jpg

EDIT: Whoops! I see I posted this in the Marketplace. Sorry.

Last edited:
Great to know. Debating between a Duke & a Deering. But I'm in no rush. Way past my UAS budget for the year.

Thanks for sharing this info. I picked up a used one a few months back, and have decided against taking it out (multiple times) to a jam as a second uke, primarily because of the flimsy (but colorful) gig bag it came to me in ~

Great to know. Debating between a Duke & a Deering. But I'm in no rush. Way past my UAS budget for the year.

I really like my Duke 10. Especially when I'm playing with instruments other than ukuleles--it's great in acoustic/folk jams.

Thanks. Picked a Duke up a few months back and wondered about a case. I may end up selling it because tenor just feels too big in my hands. I do love the sound, look and weight of it so I had to give it a try. Got a little Gem because it's concert scale but for some reason it just kind of sounded a little off under the A string. It's probably just my ears or that one uke. Heard someone else's and it sounds fine. Loved the blue

Just did a trade with someone for a concert uke in exchange for my tenor. I'll just play with it while I figure my next banjo uke move.

Top Bottom