Outdoor Ukulele questions??

Astein2006

Reaction score
For those who own both the soprano and tenor Outdoor Ukuleles, do you find the intonation better on one model versus the other? I'm leaning towards the soprano but I wanted to hear some real world experience for those that own both.
Also I am interested in purchasing one with strap buttons installed. For those that have used strap buttons on their outdoor ukuleles before( I haven't) do you prefer to have the second one installed on the body near the neck joint or just the one at the end and tie the strap off at the headstock? I like the idea of the second one but worry about neck dive if I'm not holding the neck with my left hand. Any thoughts on that, comfort or playability?

I don't own either, but to address the strap buttons, I put buttons on the heel of the neck on all my tenor ukes. As light as ukes are, Ive never experienced neck dive, I have on a couple of my bass ukes that come with those large bass tuning machines so I also use straps with a rough or suede back to help prevent sliding.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 9 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Last edited:
Top Bottom