Comparing the gauge/tension of Worth Brown strings between Baritone and Tenor

Strumaround

Reaction score
I need to replace the B (1st) & E (2nd) strings on my Baritone uke, from the Worth Brown BB63 set. However, I have run out.

I noticed that the Tenor set BT63 has a high G and C which appear to be the same gauge. And I have a spare set lying around (as I use wound strings on the Tenor).

I.E. The B from the baritone set is .74(0.0291") and the E is .62(0.0244"). This is the same as the high G and the C from the Tenor set. I.E. the G is .62(0.0244") and the C is .74(0.0291").

Am I safe to assume that these are in fact the exact same strings? Or are they going to be a different tension/hardness?

They seem to be very slightly different shades of brown, but it's hard to tell and the Worth website is not very clear.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
I assume you're looking at this chart : http://worthc.to/english/w_strings.html

I'm pretty sure all the brown strings are the same composition as they aren't listed as HD or EX.
So you wouldn't want to compare LD and LGHD for example just because they are the same gauges - but all the browns should be the same composition.

So yes, you should be safe using those tenor strings on your baritone. Intuitively, if you put a C tenor string as B baritone it should feel a little tighter on the baritone but not terribly so. Putting a G tenor as E baritone should be just about the same tension.

Last edited:
Yes, this is how I understand it as well. In fact, I have swapped strings from different Worth Brown sets in this manner.

Top Bottom