Ipad / Tablet

Cubicinches

Reaction score
I have all my music in pdf format. Does anyone know of software that I can put on a tablet or Ipad that will run pdf files and has a scroll function as well??

Forgive my software ignorance

There are quite a few available. I use forScore on the iPad for this kind of thing. But you could even try the built iBooks app or another PDF reader app to see if that provides enough functionality for you.

Thanks for that.
The Uke is ideal instrument to carry on the bike an equally easy to carry music device will be an Ipad or tablet

I use my Nook 7.

I have few pdf uke songbooks bookmarked on my iPad. When I want to access one of them, I click on the bookmark and open the pdf in my Kindle app. Once the pdf is open, you can scroll through it the same as you would with a digital book.
Jan

Yes, I use the iBooks app that came with the iPad to use .pdf songbook. I also use the Kindle reader on the iPad for songbooks I purchased from Amazon. Neither has an auto-scrolling function though.

In my opinion and experience, forScore for the iPad is the best, and for Android and Windows 10, MobileSheets Pro.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 9 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

For Windows 10 PCs and tablets there's MobileSheets which works pretty well. I used it for a busking session once, but to be honest found it a bit stressful getting it to scroll at the right speed. It's fine for just practice though.
If I were using it a lot I'd invest in a bluetooth pedal for page turning.
https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/

For Windows 10 PCs and tablets there's MobileSheets which works pretty well. I used it for a busking session once, but to be honest found it a bit stressful getting it to scroll at the right speed. It's fine for just practice though.
If I were using it a lot I'd invest in a bluetooth pedal for page turning.
https://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/

With ForScore youcan set up play sets.

I use OnSong on my iPad. I never really tried anything else so I can't make comparisons. It does scrolling but I use a bluetooth foot pedal to turn pages.

I use onsong on my ipad. Can do pdfs, has scrolling. I usually don’t enter things as pdfs tho, cuz I like to use the editing, transcribing, fonts, diagram features that you would lose on pdfs. I usually do [bracketed] chords. Rarely scroll, tend to format to one page unless absolutely needed.

I use Deep Dish Gigbook on my iPad. For scrolling and page tuning I use the Page Flip Firefly.

I’m back to GoodReader. I tried Onsong for about a year, but I didn’t use 1/10 of the features.

GoodReader is user friendly and straight forward. It has everything I’ve ever needed. Editing, page turn, etc.

I (also) use MobileSheets Pro, on a Nook and a Fire (which means two separate purchases, but it costs very little to begin with). I don't scroll on it -- if I can't get the entire song on one page, I just tap once to turn the page. And the MobileSheets support is truly the best support I've ever received for a product.

Great. If you're implying you can't do the same thing with MobileSheets though, then you are mistaken.

You can also import audio attached to the sheet to make it easier to practice, and view lists according to various criteria, like genre, key, composer, performer, as you can in forScore and OnSong, and forScore has an audio recording feature that I use all the time during rehearsals.

8 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 9 solid body bass ukes, 7 mini electric bass guitars

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children's hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos

Top Bottom