Museum of Making Music Ukulele classes, Carlsbad, CA...

ricdoug

Reaction score
Vista (North County San Diego), California
http://www.museumofmakingmusic.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=237&Itemid=3

Learn to Play Ukulele!

Celebrate the wonder of the ukulele!

From June 3 to July 1, the Museum of Making Music hosts group lessons for beginning & budding ukulele players. Local strummer Brad Norris will instruct this series of ukulele classes on Mondays and Wednesday evenings from 7 PM to 8:30 PM.

Bring your uke, and celebrate the wonder of the ukulele. Strum & pick everything from pop to jazz, on a tiny instrument with a big heart; a “mouse that roars!”

There will be a free orientation meeting on Wednesday, June 3 for class information and uke resources.

Enrollment for the series is $90; $75 for Museum members. Enrollment is limited. Register by calling 760-438-5996, or enroll online:

http://www.museumofmakingmusic.org/...ge2.tpl&product_id=175&redirected=1&Itemid=74

Last edited:
I wandered through that museum in the Spring of last year. What an interesting presentation!

At the end, my girls and I were "experimenting" with the hands-on instruments when an older gentleman started playing an ukulele. He said he was on his lunch break from a local car dealership (I think). I did not get his name.

The sound of his playing livened up an already festive room. It was about six months later that I picked up a uke and began to play for myself. That one man in that one museum at that one particular moment was one of the seeds that started me playing.

The Museum of Making Music is well worth the trip. Throw in some ukulele classes and it's even more so. Too bad I'm 100 miles north...

I wandered through that museum in the Spring of last year. What an interesting presentation!

At the end, my girls and I were "experimenting" with the hands-on instruments when an older gentleman started playing an ukulele. He said he was on his lunch break from a local car dealership (I think). I did not get his name.

The sound of his playing livened up an already festive room. It was about six months later that I picked up a uke and began to play for myself. That one man in that one museum at that one particular moment was one of the seeds that started me playing.

I'm happy you enjoyed my little show, Harrold. I work at Ken Grody Ford a couple of blocks away, in Carlsbad and frequent the museum several times a week on my breaks. Ric Douglas

You can join our club for free:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Ukulele_Society_of_America

Brad Norris

North County resident Brad Norris has a lengthy history of studying and teaching various instruments. He has studied guitar for over 40 years including rock and blues style with Jeff Moore, jazz with Peter Sprague and ragtime with Rick Ruskin. He was a member of the Tayama Koto Ensemble for two years studied hammer dulcimer for three and banjo for four years. Brad has also studied Hawaiian steel guitar for two years, celtic harp for two years along with music theory at Palomar City College . Current music studies include petal harp with teacher Elena Mashkovtseva.

Brad has taught music theory and guitar at Cal Coast in Solana Beach for the past two years and has taught guitar privately for the past 20 years. His ukulele teacher... HIMSELF! He recently entertained the Discovery Channel crew while on location chasing tornadoes in the mid-west and south with his new arrangements on uke, including Downtown, by Petula Clark and Sweet Caroline.

Top Bottom