NUD: AnueNue Vision 1879

raffrox

Reaction score
Just got this uke and I had to post my thoughts.

I picked up a second hand AnueNue Vision 1879 koa soprano at a reasonable price with a bit of play wear after umming and ahhing for quite a while.

I'd sworn of sopranos after struggling to get a decent sound out of them for a year or so. I think it's a mix of my playing getting better and finding the right uke for me. In the end I couldn't resist this one and after playing it I'm super impressed.

These are inspired by the Kumalae Gold Award 1915 ukes and having owned one of these previously they are a great "copy" of them with the playability of a modern day uke. Light in construction and very playable. Just a fun uke with a bright booming sound for the size like the original Kumalae's.

I couldn't find much on the forums or the net generally about these little guys so thought I'd add to what's out there. These were made a few years ago so they aren't common but for the price second hand they're a cracker. anyone else got one or had experiences with them?

20180920_153248.jpg
20180920_153301.jpg
20180920_153336.jpg

Yes, I had!

Light as a feather, domed back, a close Kumalae copy, and the case (did you get the case?) fits like a glove - it's a magic trick of opening a such small case and still pulling out such a large-ish instrument.

In the end, I didn't get the koa sounds, though, and it moved on.

Yes, I had!

Light as a feather, domed back, a close Kumalae copy, and the case (did you get the case?) fits like a glove - it's a magic trick of opening a such small case and still pulling out such a large-ish instrument.

In the end, I didn't get the koa sounds, though, and it moved on.

Yep, I got the case. You're right it's a snug fit. I'm a sucker for a good case with a uke as well.

I end up moving on most my uke's to be honest. Only one has really stuck :) but this is one that might hang around for a while. I used to have a Martin C1K (another koa uke) and that's the one sound wise that I regret selling.

that is freakin' gorgeous! Another for my ever expending wish list!

Thanks Iulia :) Way to many nice ukes in this world!!

That's beautiful.

I'm not familiar with that expression. I'll have to watch more Australian TV. "A good deal"?

Thanks Jerry. You're right, I didn't think of it but it is a very Aussie saying to call something a cracker!!

It is sort of a mix between something that's of a high quality/good and brings enjoyment/is good fun.

i.e. "That was a cracker of a night."

It can mean a few different things though.

Beautiful instrument!! Congrats and enjoy!

Yep, I got the case. You're right it's a snug fit. I'm a sucker for a good case with a uke as well.

I end up moving on most my uke's to be honest. Only one has really stuck :) but this is one that might hang around for a while. I used to have a Martin C1K (another koa uke) and that's the one sound wise that I regret selling.

Thanks Iulia :) Way to many nice ukes in this world!!

Thanks Jerry. You're right, I didn't think of it but it is a very Aussie saying to call something a cracker!!

It is sort of a mix between something that's of a high quality/good and brings enjoyment/is good fun.

i.e. "That was a cracker of a night."

It can mean a few different things though.

Just be careful how you use that term in the American south. :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(pejorative)

Very cool! :D:shaka:

Top Bottom