Design and materials for sale.

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Because of increasing limitations brought on by my partnership with Parkinson's disease I am selling my Californian Tenor Style design and 100 sets of back, side, front, neck and fingerboard material along with full sized drawing and half body template. All of the material is figured, the spruce fronts are either 4A or mastergrade mixture of Engelmann and Alpine spruce. Necks are 5 spliced prepared but not fully profiled. If you want the whole lot you will get the mold/forms and Everett style bender. I am asking $5000 for the entire shebang or if you don't want that then $1000 for 10 sets or $150 a set for 9 or less.

Here is what the instrument can look like made up:

IMG_2599.jpg

Hi Pete, you don't specify the back and side material or neck material. If someone was to buy one set is there different materials available for back and sides. I am possibly interested in one complete set. Thank you and I am sorry to hear Mr. Parkinson is influencing you in this way. All the best

I'm sorry to hear about your battle with Parkinsons's disease, and wish you all the best.

I too am sorry to hear of your battle with Parkinson’s, my father has almost completely lost the battle with ALS, it is no fun watching your loved one suffer. My thoughts are with you.

I’m very interested to purchase 1 set from you too, just like DownUpDave. I’d love to know my options for the back, side, and neck material too.

I've nearly sold the 50 sets I had available. Still some left though:

IMG_1796.jpg
Khaya + Red Spruce

IMG_1798.jpg
English Walnut + Engelmann spruce

IMG_1799.jpg
Curly myrtle + Alpine spruce

IMG_1800.jpg
Claro walnut + Engelmann spruce

Hi Pete,

I'm also very sorry to hear about this. Thank you for offering the wood to the community.

If it's still available, could I take the curly myrtle and alpine spruce please? I'm in the UK so not sure what that works out in GBP!

I replied to your email. Now I’m seeing this thread with the descriptions of the wood, it seals the deal, a set of curly myrtle with alpine spruce is my pick. Thanks.

Thank you for all purchases. Have got about 10 sets of walnut left and some oddities which I will list.

Top Bottom