Uke newbie

actaylor

Reaction score
I've been a guitar player for more than 40 years. Recently, my 25-year old daughter declared she wanted a uke. As a law school graduation present, I got her a Mainland concert uke w/ cedar top and rosewood sides and back. Of course, I had to try it out and I couldn't get over how much fun it is. A lot of what I learned about ukes so far I learned from this site. I'm sure there's a uke in my future!

I am recording a new album at the moment and I play both guitar and ukulele on it. What I love about the uke combined with guitar is that it is like playing a guitar way up the neck, but, it is smoother and more mellow. I just recorded a new tune over the weekend with an Ibanez PF six-string acoustic.electric, an Ibanez bass, and an Ohana CK-25 (solid mahogany uke). The Ohana sounds wonderful and is one of my favorite ukuleles.

I've been a guitar player for more than 40 years. Recently, my 25-year old daughter declared she wanted a uke. As a law school graduation present, I got her a Mainland concert uke w/ cedar top and rosewood sides and back. Of course, I had to try it out and I couldn't get over how much fun it is. A lot of what I learned about ukes so far I learned from this site. I'm sure there's a uke in my future!

You should treat yourself to a Mainland too! After all, having a daughter graduating requires some celebration for you too - she probably wouldn't have gotten that far if it wasn't for you. You deserve a uke!

cool.. keep playing!

Mainlands are a good choice for a workhorse uke with a nice sound. And face it, they really look cool.
Glad to hear you say that. I had done a little research and thought it was a good value for an all solid wood uke. I actually had my search narrowed down to two ukes, but was leaning toward this one. The store owner also preferred this one. My daughter is very happy! (Which, of course, makes me very happy!)

You should treat yourself to a Mainland too! After all, having a daughter graduating requires some celebration for you too - she probably wouldn't have gotten that far if it wasn't for you. You deserve a uke!

the man talks sense!

Top Bottom