sometimes its more harder to take care of instrument than to play it

Regster

Reaction score
well the humidity in my room is 30 i didn't really care about it until yesterday when i read an article about humidity n how it affects the guitar so after that i bought a hygrometer n a humidifier in my room to keep all my string instrument safe, good guitars are expensive n they're pretty delicate one wrong move n bam u have a scratch on your favorite martin, thank god i just bought my guitar n ukulele last month so i don't think the humidity have really taken its effect

http://www.bryankimsey.com/problems/index.htm

I'm thankful that the humidity swings in my house (and the SF Bay Area for that matter) aren't extreme but I still have a hygrometer on the wall.

Personally, I prefer instruments that are slightly over-engineered to put-up with temperature and humidity swings. This often means a slight sacrifice in tone or volume, but it also means that I can have the thing sitting on a stand in the middle of the room so I can play it whenever I want.

yup, here in san francisco, never too hot, never too cold, never too dry, never too wet. my guitar sits on a stand for easy access.

almost makes the insane real estate prices worth it eh? :D:D

I love my uke, Though I have come to grips that eventually it is going to get wear. Now....now worries. If this on gets messed I will just get another. ;)

This has been discussed in great detail on this site. Again...just be cautious with the use of AC/Heat. Using AC/Heat with your expensive uke exposed is not good. The humidity can change super fast and your uke won't even know what hit it. Keep it in a case at all times too.

Oh yeh, make sure you change its diapers, water and feed it on a reg. basis too..haha.:eek:

heeeyyy it's not so difficult to keep the instrument,,,though,it's not so easy at the same time=)) ok!! you just have to keep it in the special case,that's all,,, Away all the problems!!:nana:

Top Bottom