Strap Button on Lower Bout

Jerryc41

Reaction score
When there's a joint at the bottom of the uke, I know there's a block of wood inside to accept a screw for a strap button. When the sides are made from one piece which is joined at the neck, that block of wood is iffy.

I have a boroscope attachment for my phone. I'll have to find that and look inside a couple of ukes to see if there any support in there.

A small mirror should do the trick. But, what brand of ukulele? Someone here will almost certainly know if whether or not it's got an end block. (betcha it does)

Usually you can just shine a flashlight into the soundhole. Angled right you can see if there's a end block or not.

I know on the 2017 one I have I can see the bottom half of one this way.

BTW: Congratulations on getting the 2004 with the crown bridge. That looks excellent. The one-piece top, back and sides has to be terrific as well.

Usually you can just shine a flashlight into the soundhole. Angled right you can see if there's a end block or not.

I know on the 2017 one I have I can see the bottom half of one this way.

BTW: Congratulations on getting the 2004 with the crown bridge. That looks excellent. The one-piece top, back and sides has to be terrific as well.

Thanks. My flashlight was kinda big, so I had to enlarge the sound hole a bit. It should sound better now, right? :D

Yes, it is a beauty. It was a stretch financing it, but it looks and sounds beautiful. Playing it last weekend, I can see the need for a strap.

Top Bottom