Sopranino suggestions??

Astein2006

Reaction score
I'm currently looking at getting an Ohana SK-21M Sopranino. I like the specs, looks and sound. I've also looked at the mini pineapple by DJ. But the current batch is not for sale yet. I'm not very well versed with this size and would welcome any suggestions in addition to the Ohana. I'd like to keep the price under $300, preferably $200. Something comparable to the Ohana. I would also like to keep the tuning standard.

Thanks for your suggestions or owners comments on the SK-21M specifically.

I got a very nice Ohana SK-21A from Pennylane Emporium for $179. It's solid cedar and rosewood. I like it.

Mim has a "blem" SK-21M for $154 delivered. I've gotten blems, and I wasn't able to see any blem. I can't post a link because the site thinks it's spam. : )

I have owned many sopranino ukuleles - Black Bear, Talsma, DJ Morgan, and Ohana.

I think the best one is the Ohana Pequeno.

Gryphon Strings sell them for $219 shipped with a case!

Mine has Fremont Blacklines on it tuned up a whole step, sounds absolutely awesome!

Blue Frog Ukes (Vic Jones) makes a great pineapple sopranino, very reasonably priced at $285. I have one, spruce/maple, and it really sings, strung with
Martin M-600's in the "aDF#B" tuning! Plus, it's made with great care, light as a feather, and plays very accurately.

Last edited:
I have a Black Bear sopranino that I picked up on the forum a few years back and love it. It sounds great tuned up a whole step and is wonderful for traveling.

Mitch

Top Bottom