String Question

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I ordered a set of Worth Clear with low G and also Freemont low G strings. Would there be an advantage to using the Worths for C,E, and A, and the Freemont for the low G?

I want to replace the strings on my KoAloha tenor, and I want to put low G on another tenor or two.

I ordered a set of Worth Clear with low G and also Freemont low G strings. Would there be an advantage to using the Worths for C,E, and A, and the Freemont for the low G?

I want to replace the strings on my KoAloha tenor, and I want to put low G on another tenor or two.

It depends on whether you prefer the feel & sound of a wound or unwound low G. Because the unwound low G will likely be a thicker string, you might need to file the nut slot if your uke wasn't previously strung with an unwound low G. My ukes are strung high G, but I've fitted a *wound* low G withough having any issues with the nut slot.

Hope this helps! :D

I use a wound low G for all my tenors, Fremont or Thomastik. So I do exactly what you are saying, ditch the stock g string and replace it. I much prefer the sound of a wound low G string, some people like the florocarbon. The bonus is you usuallydon't have to widen the nut slot for the wound string as "twokatmew" above stated.

Top Bottom