Bach 1006 prelude... At last !

gilles T

Reaction score
Hello dear members,

Just to share the impressive work of a virtuoso who mastered the difficult prelude of Bach's Partita BWV 1006.

Well, you will need 18 frets to emulate such a tour de force, but maybe it's worth to purchase an spare uke just to play this breathtaking gem :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYbFgygy_Y

Enjoy !
Gilles

Yes, very nicely done. I have Corey Fujimotos transcription and feel inspired again to give it some study.

Hello dear members,

Just to share the impressive work of a virtuoso who mastered the difficult prelude of Bach's Partita BWV 1006.

Well, you will need 18 frets to emulate such a tour de force, but maybe it's worth to purchase an spare uke just to play this breathtaking gem :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyYbFgygy_Y

Enjoy !
Gilles

Really great playing and cool arrangement! I like how players are now pushing the boundaries of possibilities for the ukulele. Bach seems to fit very well on the little instrument. I think the voicing, small sound and little sustain make it sound very lute like! Great find!
Mike

Oh wow! I might be too old to get there, but I'm not too old to try.

hello all,

I eventually purchased the tab (for a very reasonable price) and I spent the two last days to venture my fingers through it.
Well I must say that it's perhaps the most difficult and challenging piece I ever intended to play... Many fast arpeggios are to be played above the 12th fret; that makes me think it's almost impossible to tackle such a monster on a soprano. That said, playing a concert uke, things are still difficult but — hey, here's the good news !— not impossible.
It's so cleverly transcribed, with such a beautiful use of campanela scales, that it's a pleasure to play — or at least to give a try.

I think I have months of tough work before mastering this very beautiful transcription ; I shall keep you posted.
Cheers.

Top Bottom