Great Vampire Movie

AcousticMonster

Reaction score
Well after seeing Twilight I thought I would never watch another vampire movie. But I seen the previews for this film and it looked really cool. So I put it in my Netflix query and here it is in my hand.

The movies is called "Let the right one in". If you have a chance check it out. It's a really awesome movie set in Stockholm, about a twelve year old boy who is getting bullied. Then a little girl moves in next door who turns out to be a vampire. This was an awesome low budget horror movie.

Last edited:
I'm bored, so I'll watch it now (its playable with Netflix Movie Streaming online!!).

It worked perfectly with english subtitles.

I really enjoyed it. Surprising b/c I had never heard of it before. Thanks for the tip! :D

It worked perfectly with english subtitles.

I really enjoyed it. Surprising b/c I had never heard of it before. Thanks for the tip! :D

Yeah, I never heard of it either. Just seen the preview while watching another video. I guess the guys that did Cloverfield are going to make a US version sometime in the near future. I liked this version though.

I finally watched this beautiful vampire feature as an adult for the first time. I remember watching this when it first came out, but I was too young to really appreciate the acting and the beautiful time it took place in. Brad Pitt was wonderful as always and I was surprised Kirsten Dunst's performance as well. Very well done. This is one of those films where I won't have a problem watching over and over again.

Is this movie horror, drama, both, or other? I've never been a fan of vampires, even in my goth days. But I love Buffy and Angel because the writing is just so unique, and it's part comedy, drama, horror, suspence, romance, martial arts, and even a smidge of sci-fi in it - and it all works. Truly brilliant. Anyway, so yeah - it takes a tad more than a movie to just have vampires in it for me to watch it.

I'm in heaven right now because I bought the entire set of Buffy and we've been watching it for two weeks straight now. :)

Is this movie horror, drama, both, or other? I've never been a fan of vampires, even in my goth days. But I love Buffy and Angel because the writing is just so unique, and it's part comedy, drama, horror, suspence, romance, martial arts, and even a smidge of sci-fi in it - and it all works. Truly brilliant. Anyway, so yeah - it takes a tad more than a movie to just have vampires in it for me to watch it.

I'm in heaven right now because I bought the entire set of Buffy and we've been watching it for two weeks straight now. :)

Hey Khrome!
Yeah, it's a horror movie with drama elements. The movie is really good and worth the watch in my opinion. Let me know what you think of it (if you decide to watch).

If you like Buffy, you may like the "Ginger Snaps" trilogy. Its a werewolf series based around a teenage girl living in Canada. The first one in the series is one of my favorite werewolf movies of all time.

Last edited:
I just watched another sa-weet vampire movie called "Daybreakers". The basic storyline: 99% of the population is vampires and they are running out of food (i.e. us). Only a handful of regular humans are left. I would recommend it!

I'm working my way up to watching "Let The Right One In"... I tried a while ago, but that first scene? Where the boy first appears as a reflection in the window? I watched that at, like 3 am, and it freaked the heck out of me, 'cuz I looked JUST like that as a kid. It was uncanny and creepy as hell!

One day, I'll stop being such a wuss...

I'm working my way up to watching "Let The Right One In"... I tried a while ago, but that first scene? Where the boy first appears as a reflection in the window? I watched that at, like 3 am, and it freaked the heck out of me, 'cuz I looked JUST like that as a kid. It was uncanny and creepy as hell!

One day, I'll stop being such a wuss...

Lol...yeah that is uncanny. It's a good movie, watch it!

Edit: I had blond hair when I was a kid, then it turned brown. Weird.

I just seen the commercial for the American version of Let the Right One In. It's called "Let Me In"...lol. It was made by the director of Coverfield, so we will see if it's good or not.

Apparently there is a new Big Budget American remake. We went to see a movie this afternoon and saw a trailer for this. It's now called "Let Me In", I believe.

Apparently there is a new Big Budget American remake. We went to see a movie this afternoon and saw a trailer for this. It's now called "Let Me In", I believe.

Yeah, I seen the TV commercial earlier tonight. I'm on the fence about this one. I really like the original movie, and can't really see what they can improve on. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Top Bottom