Check out this uke

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Saw this one recently, a 6 stringer, tenor size, so I assume it was a uke. It was hanging on a wall in someone's home. I thought it looked cool, but was probably just a well beaten wallhanger. Boy, was it ever...check out that action! Yikes! As I look closer, I see only 8 frets to the body, very strange. :eek:

20180929_125431.jpg

20180929_135550.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting. It must have been made as a wallhanger, as you suggested. On the other hand, maybe someone will tell us it's a stringoria, made in the jungles of Brazil by a now-extinct tribe. Boys had to make one as their entry into manhood. The better it looked, the less likely the boy's chance of being sacrificed to the Moon God at the next full moon. Or maybe it's just a wallhanger. :)

Interesting. It must have been made as a wallhanger, as you suggested. On the other hand, maybe someone will tell us it's a stringoria, made in the jungles of Brazil by a now-extinct tribe. Boys had to make one as their entry into manhood. The better it looked, the less likely the boy's chance of being sacrificed to the Moon God at the next full moon. Or maybe it's just a wallhanger. :)

The poor boy who made this one got sacrificed. Maybe to aNueNue Moon Bird instead of the Moon God though.
My fingers hurt at just the thought of the action on that one.

Whatever it is, it is obviously trash for making music. It looks like you might even break the strings just by trying to fret them... :eek:

That’s kind of thing they sell in Tijuana at the border....with the blankets and piggy banks.

Top Bottom