Soprano solid body electric? Any suggestions

Iulia

Reaction score
sorry wanted to post links to all but it spat out the message as spam :spam:

Risa also makes a steel string version (kidney bean shaped and the Les Paul ones).
Konablaster may have sopranos but they’re mainly Baritones. Elderly Instruments carries them.

Risa also does the Uke’Ellie which has a headstock. They rarely show up so I’m not sure if they’re still making those

Those Bohemian oil can ukes look like they may be concert scale looking at the fret board.

RISA used to make a steel string soprano, might get one pre used, the affore mentioned Uke Ellie comes in soprano, (I have the tenor version), & there was a Mahalo Surf Board that was a soprano, (I have the concert scale version).

Other than those, I cant think of any more solids.

I've tried those oil can electric ukes at a music store - they are steel string and the action is very high.
They did not feel comfortable to play at all

Why a soprano? With a solid body, would there be a difference in the sound between the sizes?

I have a Clearwater / Vorsan steel string tenor, Clearwater nylon string, and a Mahalo surfboard nylon. The last to are listed as concert size. They all sound about the same through the amp. More sounds with the steel string because of the multiple pickups.

Top Bottom