Oasis warm vs living water

Probably depends on the uke and the player. I’ve heard good things about both.

I have tried both. I like living water better for the a,e and c strings(FC). The living water low G is probably one of the best FC Low G I have used. Oasis low G is a wound string, so it really depends on personal preference of wound vs unwound.

I like them both, and would be hard pressed to tell any difference.
I like the oasis wound low G, as well as the Fremont.
Ron

Yep, like 'em both. Living waters for hi 4th string; Oasis for low G string. Oasis is great for 1&2 string with Thomasic-Infeld 3&4 (Cf30, Cf27).

You won't know which you prefer till you try them both on the same ukulele.

That said, I always seem to LOVE Living Waters strings.

I find Living Waters very warm and mellow. The Oasis Warms are to me anyway, a bit brighter. I'm not a fan of the Oasis wound low g...………...prefer the Fremont or the T-I...….smoother/less squeak.

I find Living Waters very warm and mellow. The Oasis Warms are to me anyway, a bit brighter. I'm not a fan of the Oasis wound low g...………...prefer the Fremont or the T-I...….smoother/less squeak.

This exactly. I will say I like the Oasis SW low G, smooth wound bronze. Espiecally the warm .033", warmer sound than Fremont.

Brenda has a second LfdM that she had strung reentrant with Oasis warm. It was still too bright for her taste so we put on Living Water, bingo, warmed it up to where she was wanted it to be.

Never tried Oasis, but I don't like wound strings, so that would count them out as far as I'm concerned, but I do like Living Water Low G concert strings, I use them on nearly all my ukes, tenor, long neck concert, concert, & long neck soprano.

Keith, I'm like you re: wound strings.
I have a Living Water low G on my tenor. It's really nice with decent tension.
The bari I once owned had a Worth clear D and it was pretty intolerable. Way too fat and floppy.

I'd give Living Waters a shot.

I haven't tried them, but Oasis also has All Fluorocarbon Low G sets: 8001F Bright or 8101F Warm. Would love to hear from anybody who has given either a strum, pick or plunk. I'd also like to know if anybody has a preference for Oasis warm or bright and why. Thanks!

I haven't tried them, but Oasis also has All Fluorocarbon Low G sets: 8001F Bright or 8101F Warm. Would love to hear from anybody who has given either a strum, pick or plunk. I'd also like to know if anybody has a preference for Oasis warm or bright and why. Thanks!
I have more preference for the Bright Oasis vs the Warm. Or at least they have seemed to work better for me. Could be the ukes I have put them on though. Everybodys ears / mileage will vary.

Low G - I like a few different wound low G strings. I like the Uke Logic Gold wound low G and the Aquila red wound low G.
I also have some other low G strings in my stash to try at some point.

I have not tried a set of Living Waters strings yet but would like to some time .

Last edited:
Never tried Oasis, but I don't like wound strings, so that would count them out as far as I'm concerned, but I do like Living Water Low G concert strings, I use them on nearly all my ukes, tenor, long neck concert, concert, & long neck soprano.
Oasis makes sets with both a wound and unwound low G so you get to choose.

Living Waters Low-G sets are plain. Not available with a wound G.

Top Bottom